Installing Speaker Cables on KA-9100

4Play

I received a Kenwood KA-9100 and I am having troubles installing speaker cables. I have modern cables with banana plugs that will not work. What type of connector will I need to install speaker cables.

As always, your help will be greatly appreciated! :music:

If the banana plugs cannot be removed (or you simply don't want to remove them), you can use another stackable banana plug (like this maybe: http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Hig...=1397909262&sr=1-2&keywords=dual+banana+plugs) to run some short wires to the amp. I'd also use shrinkwrap on the exposed male parts of this 'extra' plug to make sure nothing shorts.

I thought there was a version that did not have the male part of the banana plug, but I cannot find it.

You cannot use banana plugs on a KA-9100.

It would be helpful if you would post some pics of the rear of your KA-9100, it will be most helpful.

Like EW said, make a JUMPER.

Your speaker wires>>>banana plug he recommended (Plugged into the thumbscrews)>>>wires from the recommended banana plug into the KA-9100.

Post a pic of your speaker wires, banana plug end and your KA-9100 and we'll get you set up with something that will work.

I am using Emotiva X Series Speaker Cable.

Ka-9100 Rear:

NOTE:
Pics were borrowed from the internet for viewing purposes only.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. I will need something that will go between my cables and the cable connection on the Kenwood amp.

I have searched Monoprice and Parts Express and I cannot find anything that will work. Ernie, where can you get those flex pins?

I am using Emotiva X Series Speaker Cable.

Ka-9100 Rear:

NOTE:
Pics were borrowed from the internet for viewing purposes only.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying. I will need something that will go between my cables and the cable connection on the Kenwood amp.

FYI, as you can clearly see, the picture is of the back of a Kenwood KA-7100 not a KA-9100, not that it makes that much difference...

FYI, as you can clearly see, the picture is of the back of a Kenwood KA-7100 not a KA-9100, not that it makes that much difference...

Here's a borrowed pic of a 9100.
ka9100b.jpg

The OP could not visualize what they were trying to tell him but I'd imagine that is irrelevent now

You are now responding to a request that was made more than 2 years ago

Just reviving this old thread. Yes you could hook up banana plugs to a 9100.
I found some LUG to Banana and/or Wire on the Bay. They are from Hong Kong but only cost $3.82
for 4 of them (free ship) so I bought 2 sets of 4 ... Took about a month to get them but received them today. They are supposed to be
gold plated copper. Anyway they work pretty good. Just hold them down on the plastic of the screw connector and
tighten it up. (check continuity). here's a few pics.
Or you could remove the back speaker connection panel and install banana connectors, my brother-n-law did it. Took a while but worked well.

Attachments

• 0-lug-to-banana-1.jpg
    0-lug-to-banana-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 0-lug-to-banana-2.jpg
    0-lug-to-banana-2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 0-lug-to-banana-3.jpg
    0-lug-to-banana-3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 41
  • 9100-hookup.JPG
    9100-hookup.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
These work fine but round so cock thumb screw a little bit so do not over tighten and bend Kenwood screw like I say work well though and perfect fit in the factory slot scheme
Still not a solution for the banana plug issue though
I use these for accurate measuring at tap too I can clip on meter leads
Used to be expensive but cheap now all around for sale you can solder too
Old Monster cable product I think discontinue now I find whole box at junk store
This NOT my photo or sell but with this you can see what package looks like
http://www.myauctionhost.com/sansamp/ebay-monster.html
JJ
18933_large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom