Copying Spotify tracks to an Audio Player?

909Hemi

Hi guys; as you will quickly be able to tell, I know NOTHING about any of this! I don't own a smartphone or a tablet at all. I have a PC with Spotify Premium on it, and I just bought a FiiO X1 audio player.
Per the Spotify folks, I've "starred" (saved) my spotify music files locally... and now I'm stuck :(
Where are those files? I don't see them in windows media player, and I don't see any intuitive way to get them into the FiiO player. The directions that come with it are basically useless... they assume that you already know what you are doing... which I certainly do NOT.

Explain it to me please, step-by-step like you were talking to a child... of the 1970's... :)

You can't - they are only playable through the spotify app. You can pin them for playing when you are not connected to the internet - which is what they mean by download, but it's not possible to move them out of the app.

I've only taken advantage of offline storage a few times (unlimited data son). However once you load up the songs/albums/playlists you can just out your device into airplane mode and listen away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't - they are only playable through the spotify app. You can pin them for playing when you are not connected to the internet - which is what they mean by download, but it's not possible to move them out of the app.
I agree.

A few years ago, there were several players that had "Play4sure" capabilities. They would allow you to download songs from services like Rhapsody and play them back on "play4sure" devices (I was fond of Creative's players) and the songs would "expire" after 30 days and you would have to re-sync the player to your computer.

I don't think "play4sure" is still around, but your Fiio would need a play4sure (or whatever they are calling this feature now) license to work with it and you would need to move to a service that is offering the feature.

When you listen on Spotify, you aren't buying the music, so the software needs some way to know when your license to play the music has expired. You computer does this automatically when you log in to the app.

Crap! :( I'm sending the damned FiiO back then... bullshit! :(

Yeah For streaming services and stand alone audio playback money better utilized with say a used smartphone. Something like a Galaxy III can be had cheap. $20 for a 64GB SD card and yer all set. :music:

You could always play the tracks with Spotify and record them in analog. A good cassette deck is just what you need. Then you you could replay them through your stereo system or with your cassette Walkman! :banana:

You can use Audacity to record anything running thru your computer's sound card. You can then save them as whatever digital file type you prefer and put them where ever you assign in your computer.

spotify...

The method they use to encode their stuff looks pretty secure. They're not giving an inch.
The only way I found is to put stuff on tape(cassette,RtoR) and enjoy it there.
Then download as a normal file into my Mac Mini. All of which downgrade the files.
I have over 3000 tunes on my ipod.

Paul

Personally, if my goal was to listen to Spotify, I would get a different player. My preference would be for an iPod Touch/iPad if I didn't want a phone. However, I like the ability to dock on a Pure i20 (with the older iOS devices) or use Airplay.

Having to record every song I wanted to listen to later would be too cumbersome (not to mention that I am pretty sure that it breaks the agreement you made with Spotify when you signed up for the service:nono:).

Personally, if my goal was to listen to Spotify, I would get a different player. My preference would be for an iPod Touch/iPad if I didn't want a phone. However, I like the ability to dock on a Pure i20 (with the older iOS devices) or use Airplay.

Having to record every song I wanted to listen to later would be too cumbersome (not to mention that I am pretty sure that it breaks the agreement you made with Spotify when you signed up for the service:nono:).

Exactly. In fact, I don't even use the Spotify "off-line" listening thing..too cumbersome.
If I have work to do on Spotify, I just flip it on and go. Anything I really want to keep, I purchase said LP or CD.

The caveat with iTouch and iPad is no SD card for offline storage.

Decent used late model android phones with an SD card are more affordable and go for right around his FiiO price point. No monthly Phone service required or necessary.

Agreed...the analog hole is cumbersome.

Exactly. In fact, I don't even use the Spotify "off-line" listening thing..too cumbersome.
If I have work to do on Spotify, I just flip it on and go. Anything I really want to keep, I purchase said LP or CD.

Actually the offline/sync for mobile devices on these services is very simple & seamless. Very handy and useful when you don't have a net connection at your disposal. :thmbsp:

You can copy anything, why is another matter. I do transfer some streaming audio to my reel to reel, the Tidal or Deezer source is mostly CD level content and I like using the thing.

Downloading within the app is a great option and as stated earlier is very simple, just a flip of a touch toggle and is great for offline use. Lack of a removable sd card on the iPhone, iTouch or iPad is a non issue.

The iPhone and iPad are both available with 128 gig ssd's while the iTouch is currently 64gigs. I'd be looking for those drive sizes to double very soon.

Yeah For streaming services and stand alone audio playback money better utilized with say a used smartphone. Something like a Galaxy III can be had cheap. $20 for a 64GB SD card and yer all set. :music:

Where do I find a 64GB microSD card for $20?

You could always shop Kingston brand. But there's a reason why Nikkon and Cannon recommend any other brand BUT Kingston for use in their cameras....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even Kingston 64GB are $30 and up. I don't think I would trust ANY $20 64GB microSD, even if I could find one. That is why I asked the question. I was curious as to what crap was available for $20.

Back
Top Bottom