The unusual "extras" in your packages

Mag84ilfully

Young in spirit.
I received a vintage ss power amp a couple days ago that had some unusual, mistakenly sent "extras" in the bottom of the shipping box. Namely, there were USED disposable medical pipette tips, the kind used for biochemistry/drug research. :nono: Anyone else have similar experiences?

Last edited:
not medical supplies but a pillow between my speakers and that was it FTW tracked package to a student dorm in Kentucky kid must of needed some money to buy "books"

Never gotten anything more interesting than comics. I did find a piece of blotter acid in a 1950s german radio that I bought at a flea market though.

I love it when I get stuff packed with local newspapers, I actually pull them out and check out what was going on elsewhere in the world. Perhaps the best was a receiver that I purchased that was shipped wrapped in used clothing, old T-shirts and flannel shirts. Not what I was expecting, but apparently effective, since the receiver arrived unharmed.

I always use an odd sock to protect electronics I ship from getting scratched by the power plug. There seems to be in infinite supply of odd socks...

My last tuner came in a re-purposed tuxedo shipment box. Alas, no cufflinks nor other goodies. I was not happy with the seller.

Hiya,

One time ... old diapers (Thankfully clean) ... pillows ... old rags ... shirts ... pants ... balsa wood ... new pampers used as wrapping ...

Frannie

I once had an amplifier arrive padded with some kind of "burn blankets". Something that you put on burn victims. A couple of them, unopened. They were great padding. I kept them around. Heck, they are unopened, and you never know when you might need a "burn blanket".

Another time I got a car stereo packed in what could only be described as "hey, dump the trash in this box". Used paper towels, old stained styrofoam coffee cups, etc. Gross.

£3250 in used bank notes rolled up nice and neat ...
then i woke up ... :D
don't you just hate those moments ?

I got about 50 plastic bags when I received my Yamaha ca410ii....which for me was great because I got a months supply of poop bags for when I walk my dogs.

I used to receive in boxes from a company (PLC Center) and they would always pack a little bag of candy in with whatever we ordered (power supplies, repair parts, etc). After a couple of times unpacking them we noted that all of the boxes had candy packed in with them. It got to the point where if we had 20 boxes, theirs was opened first every time.

I received an AR turntable packed in bath and beach towels. The table was wrecked and used as a parts donor but I'm still using the towels today. Nice ones I thought.
Kinda reminded me of getting a towel in a box of Tide back in the day.

From the other side of the fence - my company ships printed material to customers. Paper and ink. No perfume. No fitness equipment.

One day I got a call from a customer who had received a box with some commercial printing, a barbell weight and a bottle of perfume.

The only thing we could figure was that Fed Ex must have had three boxes break open on a sorting line and couldn't figure out which product went to the three addresses. So they gave everyone a little bit of each.

I guess being a little bit correct is better than being totally wrong.

Wow, some weird finds. My only noteworthy "extra" was actually pretty awesome. I purchased a Sanyo Plus series cassette deck on the big auction site, and was pleasantly surprised to find a TDK MA-R cassette loaded inside (the kind the the metal outer casing). Nice bonus!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ma-r.jpg
    ma-r.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 153
I've twice received CD players with CDs still in the drawers.
I opened up the 6 disc cartridge in a Pioneer I got the other day and it was all Christmas music. That could have been kind of ok except it was Josh Groban, Luther Vandross and similar.

Back
Top Bottom