The g33000 has arrived

For the lurkers that may not yet know BK and his work, I bartered some gear with him last fall. Workmanship level way beyond factory level and pure eye candy to those of us that deal with gear like what he has on the bench at the moment. :thmbsp:
The 'G' is in good hands.
-Lee

I keep forgetting you still have the 2020 lol.

Read through this whole thread this morning. I don't know what impresses me more, whether its the quality and the thoroughness of the work or the fact that it happened in 7 days

I totally agree, my mind is blown.....Excited to have a BK G33000!

In the name of full restoration, 4 x ALS30A223MF100 ordered- Kemet 22000uf at 100v, 66mm x 105mm, 1mm wider and 5mm taller- 7000uf in capacitance gain.

Driver boards complete.

Ur0iX4.jpg

Left channel emitter resistors changed.

FHSPvT.jpg

Transistor mount reinstalled, proper screws.

2nGlAf.jpg

Outputs installed with silicone to3 insulators.

LFnTI4.jpg

Last edited:
Cans pulled, fan reinstalled - parts should be here tomorrow.

YvfIy6.jpg

Soft start resistor replaced, 3.9 ohm 25w, fit perfectly.

VlWpJH.jpg

Just been admiring your excellent workmanship BK - a pleasure to see, thank you for posting the pictures.

BK, I may have to send you some stuff one of these days. Your work is top notch. No one around here does work like you do.

Honestly, if this wasn't a g33000 or 22000 i'd be hesitant to work on something like this just due to the damage to the driver board- it's not like other sansui's that parts are somewhat available, where do you find a driver board? Simple answer, you don't, you work with what you have. Even though the board is 100X better than when I got it, it's still a sore point with me giving it back this way, what else can one do?

Honestly, if this wasn't a g33000 or 22000 i'd be hesitant to work on something like this just due to the damage to the driver board- it's not like other sansui's that parts are somewhat available, where do you find a driver board? Simple answer, you don't, you work with what you have. Even though the board is 100X better than when I got it, it's still a sore point with me giving it back this way, what else can one do?

Absolutely, fair call too. I think you did an excellent job of making something out of what you had...:thmbsp:

It's starting to look more like a G33000 every time you post.......

I might have missed the details, but how exactly did you repair that cracked driver board?

Back
Top Bottom