just took my dog to the vet:(

Hills prescription food is expensive but you do what you have to do. Ordinarily, I wouldn't give Hills to my boy...lots of junk fillers in the regular food...corn, etc. At this point I know you're happy just to get him to eat anything.

While down there a young girl and her mom had just put there dog to sleep:tears:not what i wanted to see.

I don't think I'll ever have the guts to do that. Bubba would have to be in a lot of pain for that to be considered. I've known some that had theirs put down just because they couldn't get around good anymore and maybe couldn't get their hind quarters up to walk. That's insane far as I'm concerned.

That's like us giving my Granny sodium phenobarbital because she broke her hip twice and ended up in a wheel chair. My boy is all I have left-no family but him and he's not going to leave me that easy.

We switch from Merricks and Taste Of The Wild dog food. It's pretty good stuff, and both brands have real meat, some have veggies, potatoes, and gravy. Hell, sometimes I look at it and think "Y'know, add some salt and I'll bet I can eat this!"

Of course I don't. It's dog food.

Attachments

• 15624.jpg
    15624.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 022808216698C.jpg
    022808216698C.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
I gave Bubba Innova for years till they stopped the family production and turned the business over to another outfit. I give him Fromm's Chicken a' la Veg now and he's loved it. I throw in some boiled chicken, unsalted green beans and half a boiled egg as I wouldn't want ol' dry kibble every meal. Many times I'll put in a tablespoon of Merrick's Turducken in his food as well. He eats better than me most times as you can tell.

https://imageshack.com/i/f0kfx9BXj

Last edited:
I gave Bubba Innova for years till they stopped the family production and turned the business over to another outfit. I give him Fromm's Chicken a' la Veg now and he's loved it. I throw in some boiled chicken, unsalted green beans and half a boiled egg as I wouldn't want ol' dry kibble every meal. Many times I'll put in a tablespoon of Merrick's Turducken in his food as well. He eats better than me most times as you can tell.

https://imageshack.com/i/f0kfx9BXj

Great looking dog!

I just read from my post forward, walking with ya brother! Sarge was about 10 and had bone cancer. He had already outlived his expectations from an unrelated blood cancer first diagnosed 3 years ago. So we were blessed with extra time already.

Your Bruno definitely has that "soul" in his eyes and knows he's loved. I know every time I've had a pup feeling down I was pretty uptight/upset. It always took 3-7 days for them to improve - driving me crazy too. Wish I could share some sleeping meds with you that I have but that would be an interstate drug trafficking felony! Maybe your doctor can prescribe something for you? At least he's had some nourishment. Take heart!

Just now reading this thread. Sending all my best and my 3 "kids" in my avatar are doing the same. Dogs are amazingly resilient. The Dane on the far right in my picture had a severe head injury at 5 months. The local vets said put him down but I wouldn't accept that without investigating my options further. Ended up taking him to an animal neurologist who put him back together. He will be 8 years old in April.

I love hearing stories like that. People are all too quick to want to end their lives. I have to wonder if they'd do the same to their kids or grand kids.

I am following along and sending my best wishes your way. Please continue to keep us posted, we're all pulling for you.

Been feeding him all day via syringe... so far hes keeping it down(knock on wood) tomorrow i have to pick up the lyme diease medication. I just wish he would eat on his own and would stop drinking soooo much.

Hope he comes around, and that you come to grips with whatever the result. Your personal care will help tremendously, I've brought more than one pet back from the brink with hands on and encouragement.

Just now caught this thread, sending a flare up for Bruno as we speak. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom