Has anyone ever done a bode plot of their SPEC 1 output?

xlbee

PIONEERFREQ
Subscriber
In the SPEC 1 service manual, the frequency response (for everything except Phono) is listed as:

10Hz to 70000Hz +0dB -0.5dB

Has anyone ever done a bode plot of their SPEC 1 output? If so, did it match the published frequency response?

I ran a frequency response plot from 0.5Hz to 50kHz about 10 years ago on a spec 1 I sold and it was -12dB at 0.5Hz and -0.0dB at 50kHz.

The Kenwood L07c was a different story, it was still flat at 300kHz. I gave up trying to fault that.

I never tested the Spec1 from 10Hz up. Probably would have been within spec.

XL, I happen to have a couple Spec 1's in the mancave, both restored to EW's specs. Let me get caught up and I'll run a complete set of tests on it and publish here..

XL, I happen to have a couple Spec 1's in the mancave, both restored to EW's specs. Let me get caught up and I'll run a complete set of tests on it and publish here..

Thanks Lee!!! I did mine tonight and it doesn't come close to meeting the specs at the high end (low end is fine) and this baby is fully recapped. Trying to figure out if I did something wrong with my bode plot or if I need to go back and check my recap work or if Pioneer's frequency response specs are baloney.

Last edited:
I've run Freq response, distortion, residual noise, phase lag/lead, crosstalk, and signal to noise ratio on both of my Spec 2's after restoring and in both cases all measurements were superior to the factory published specs...

What did you have for test equipment??

I've run Freq response, distortion, residual noise, phase lag/lead, crosstalk, and signal to noise ratio on both of my Spec 2's after restoring and in both cases all measurements were superior to the factory published specs...

What did you have for test equipment??

(don't laugh)

Velleman Instruments PCSGU250

Still getting used to it...

Not laughing....

Well, I wouldn't blame you! But I don't have the $ for one of those awesome Audio Precision machines that you have :drool:

This may be a case of getting what I paid for but I think something else is going on here. Just thought I'd check with you because I know what an awesome tester you have there.

Do you have the operating manual? Would you like some testing info? Or did I send you those already?

Do I have the manual for my unit or yours? I have the one for my unit and NO, I don't want the manual for yours!!! I just had to replace a vehicle! Don't you tempt me!!!

What I have has to do me for now...

XL , that wasn't what I meant, I have two books on pdf that are of audio testing in general. PM your e-mail and I'll send em to ya....very good reads to help understand why things are done the way they are....

XL , that wasn't what I meant, I have two books on pdf that are of audio testing in general. PM your e-mail and I'll send em to ya....very good reads to help understand why things are done the way they are....

Ok, sure. Will do. Thanks!!!

Fundamentals of Modern Audio Measurement by Richard Cabot, and Audio Measurement Handbook by Bob Metzler....

Back
Top Bottom