No More Metro Detroit Record Shows

That's too bad. I have never been to that one but judging by the pictures it was very popular.

Lack of a hall could have been an excuse to shut it down if it were losing money. There are plenty of halls in the area that would gladly accommodate it. In fact, there is a VFW hall near me on Jefferson (north of 12 Mile). Not sure if it's large enough or suitable, but it's one example of many. And any hall would be pleased to take on another "client"; any day a building sits empty, it costs them money!

They will find somewhere else.When I was in Michigan I was 2 miles from there and attended every show.

Last edited:
It's bad enough the record stores on this side of town are drying up (Car City and Record Time are both gone, leaving only Melodies & Memories). Would hate to lose a record show also!

That said, I can't wait to move away. Love being near the lake, but the rest of the environs are dragging us down. My better half wants to get away from the big city. With work being further west of us, or out of state, that is where one or both of us may be headed.

Back
Top Bottom