Pioneer restoration

I have no idea for a service contact in your local, but some of the 1250 circuit boards(pcb's) can be removed as they have connector for easy removal. So those modules can be rebuilt without shipping the whole unit. Obviously having a complete unit on the bench is the best way but it is not the only way to accomplish a re-build of a 1250.
You should state exactly the operational condition of your unit and/or what work you would like performed so we have an ideq of what you are looking for. A complete re-build of a 1250 will get into the 100's of dollars for parts and labour.

Well the receiver in the pic is not an sx-1250. Looks more like a 1050 or ? Is the 1250 out of service and a backup in it's place.

turn down the volume control all the way, does it still pop?

pull the pre/power jumpers, does it still pop?

Yes, there is only one place in STL that I am comfortable with. http://www.stlouiscomputronics.com/ Your mileage may vary.
Now you'll find another highly advertised company in STL, but when I visited their facility, I was told that they repair anything..."This amp is 10,000 dollars. This board is 100k. This turntable is 2500. We can fix anything!" And while that may be true, and the owner was just stating what he does, it seems that my small recap and tune up would have certainly been a back seat to one of his mega buck things. Computronics, OTOH, has a couple of experienced, dedicated techs, and the owner will take his time to see what you need and want. When I talked to him, he specifically asked if a total restore was what I was looking for. Give them a ring.
If you change your mind on shipping, pick out an AK member, and give them your business. Many Moons comes quick to mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom