pl71 counter weight

loudnclr

AK Member
I put this up in general discussion with no responses, so hopefully here someone can help me, I am die hard pioneer lover and have a few components, recently I got a beautiful pl 71 turntable with a purchase of some revox gear, sold the revox gear off at a good profit, but I desperately need this counter weight for my pl 71 to work, its connected to a 980sx and cs 63dx speakers on one side and canton ct 800 on the other. Aweome sound but I need to spin some vinyl, help me please,

There a 3 weights on this arm. An adjustable weight sleeve that slides on in front of a fixed main weight, and a mallet-shaped lateral weight. There are pictures in the manual here: http://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pl-71.shtml

The lateral weight is shared among many Pioneer models. Yours looks similar to my PL117d.
The other weights look more unique and I can't find any recently available on Ebay, but keep an eye out.
Good luck.

Here's a good close up pic of all 3

P1000715.jpg

Still looking desperately for these weights, I need them BAD, once they have been secured I will have an awesome vintage pioneer system, now with a 1250 for a receiver and a 9500 eq

You might try www.organdonorparts.com, or www.yesterdaysaudio.com Organdonors has used turntable parts. Whether they have the parts for the pl-71 os anyone's guess right now. Email them and see.

yesterday's audio deals with strictly PIONEER Gear from the 70's. Danny may have parts for turntables, but I've never seen much on his webstore. Best to email him also.

Other than that, Suggest e-bay search. Or spend the $25.00 and become a AK subscriber and get access to BARTERTOWN. That is AK's Flea Market where gear is sold and bought, wanted ad's are placed, etc. No fee's and you deal directly with the member selling the gear. Hell of a lot cheaper than a part on ebay and having to pay ebay and paypal fees/cuts'.

Thanks for the reply I will join Bartertown, sounds like a great place to find missing parts,who has the one for 39.00 I want it before it gets away,also need the lateral weight, I just got the main weight thanks so much for the lead, now I need the lateral one

So I jumped on the main weight but I see there is an additional weight behind that one, I thought is was all one so I need that one too,cant find any parts on yesterdaysaudio site can you?

YeHaw got the main weight and weight sleeve, so frigin happy now I need the lateral weight and I will be spinning, vinyl that is, thanks so much for the lead!

I've found the semi fixed lateral weight is more show than anything else on the Pioneers. You can spin vinyl now without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom