Rega Owner's Thread

Art K.

The Voodoo You Do!
A thread dedicated to the cares, concerns and joys of Rega product ownership. Whether you own a Rega turntable, phono preamp or cartridge your posts and pictures are welcome here!

Cheers!

My RP1/Elys 2 combo!

020-7.jpg

I renently purchased this set-up below very cheap.Can anyone comment on this set-up good or bad.It will be here Monday.I have never owned a Rega before but have six other TT's.I know the Grace 9E is great as I allready own/use one.

Vintage Rega Planar 3 Turntable

Glass Platter

Grace G-707 II Tone Arm

Grace F-9E Stereo Phono Cartridge

That lightweight Grace tonearm and the 9E just might sound good with the Planar 3. I'm not a fan of the RB250/300 tonearm myself.

That lightweight Grace tonearm and the 9E just might sound good with the Planar 3. I'm not a fan of the RB250/300 tonearm myself.

Im looking foward to hearing it.Will post some pics and give my thoughts on it sometime Monday.The Grace 9E itself can make a turd sound like a champ by itself.

here's mine... the rega planar 3 is a minimalist work of art..no frills no gimmicks just an excellent sounding record player..:thmbsp:

Attachments

• rega.jpg
    rega.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 300
Would love to see if some folk have full Rega setups of the TTs with the various Rega speakers and CD players too. AKer Marantzfan and I were eyeballing the Rega Saturn and Apollo on his recent visit to Boston. Shop had some ELA tower speakers at one point that I sadly never got to enjoy listening to, but was eager to.

Would love to see if some folk have full Rega setups of the TTs with the various Rega speakers and CD players too. AKer Marantzfan and I were eyeballing the Rega Saturn and Apollo on his recent visit to Boston. Shop had some ELA tower speakers at one point that I sadly never got to enjoy listening to, but was eager to.

At one time I had a Rega Mira 3, Apollo, P5, and R5's.

arms and electronics

Currently listening thru a Cursa 3 and a RB-600 arm . Also own and enjoy a RB-250 arm and the mini-Fono - both of which i consider shockingly good for the money. Cursa 3 was bought used off the net and had some problems - am very impressed with both the US Rega importer and their service guy (Nick) - these folks got me up and runnin again -and even checked via e-mail after the repair to make sure my problem was solved.Now THAT is rare.
Got the Cursa 3 'cause I had a short term need for remote control - it's stayed in use simply because I find listening thru it very pleasant. The MM phono board is one of the best I've heard ( amongst other virtues -dead quit even with a 1.5mV old Grado fed into it)- the control layout is different - but after a few weeks - I've gotten used to the push to change source volume control . In general - the Cursa's sound provides some of the "ease" that makes me a fan of good tube products - without the occasionaly apparent noise floor that is part of any tube product I can afford.
My experience with their electronics is somewhat limited - but wonder why they aren't more widely available/demonstrated - given that the TT's are a staple of most quality hiFi shops ?

A little experiment

I've replaced the mat with clear rubber dots as an experiment. If I want to use the mat, I just flip the platter.

5752396707_e3d49a68b0.jpg

Live at Chez Robie:

Rega Planar 2 (with Denon DL103)
Rega Planet CD Player
Rega ELA speakers

Back
Top Bottom