Voice of Music turntable?

MannyE

Exterminate!
If you have one of those maybe you want one of these?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411238482.205755.jpg

I found it at the thrift store, cleaned it up and it plays pretty well! I love the 1950's style sales pitch that goes along with the music selections.

I'm sure it will make someone that owns the player very happy. PM me if you want it.

NOTE: I'm not selling it. Just want someone who will really appreciate it (an owner of one of these contraptions) to have it.

Sent from my galafreyan transdimensional communicator 100 years from now.

WOW!! A collectors dream!!! I'm sure your kindness will be appreciated by someone.

The announcer, George Fenneman, was the long-time announcer for Groucho Marx's quiz show, "You Bet Your Life".

Happy trails,
Larry B.

If you get a taker who will enjoy the music, that would be best.

If you can't find any takers, I'd be interested. I have 2 VOM's - I'd probably frame this album and use it as a wall hanging in the area of my stand-alone Motorola Golden Voice unit.

picture.php

Here's my VM. I rebuilt tube amp and mechanics. Pretty cool little player but not all that usable and not worthy of the record being offered. Just thought I'd share a pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• VM finished xxx.jpg
    VM finished xxx.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 92
The logo on that record is the same as on my VM model 210 "Playtime" phonograph I got for Christmas in 1956.

Doug

Here's my VM. I rebuilt tube amp and mechanics. Pretty cool little player but not all that usable and not worthy of the record being offered...

Looks cool to me; it would be a nice kitchen player for 45s. Just looking at it makes me want to put on a poodle skirt and eat a cheeseburger and milkshake.

Welcome to AK Churlygirl.

It does look kind of neato. After I posted the pic, I pulled it out of storage, put it on a shelf in my office and played a stack of 78s. It actually doesn't sound that bad after all. I need to find my 45s and stack 'em up.

Last edited:
Welcome to AK Churlygirl.

It does look kind of neato. After I posted the pic, I pulled it out of storage, put it on a shelf in my office and played a stack of 78s. It actually doesn't sound that bad after all. I need to find my 45s and stack 'em up.

If I ever come across a 45 or 78 demo, you got it! That one is a 33rpm record. I bet DJs would love the voice overs to use as intros for their sets.

Try the phono section of the Antique Radio Forum, ARF. They'll eat that stuff up.

I tried, but they got all "your post looks like spam" on me and THEN they got all "this goes in the classifieds" section and THEN well, then I lost interest. LOL :D

Great resource if you're restoring an old radio or Edison player, etc. however.

George Fenneman...

The announcer, George Fenneman, was the long-time announcer for Groucho Marx's quiz show, "You Bet Your Life".

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Also a brief movie career. You'll be surprised at what he was in. Some 50's sci.-fi stuff and so on. Most remembered was a movie about some alien landing at the north pole region wreaking havoc on a military/tech. installation.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom