Question about a Denon Dp-62L

Mike Gibson

Modulator
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
Out of the blue my 62 started making a scraping sound as the platter passes near the speed sensor. It's not rubbing on that but something near it. I hear the aluminum ringing sound as it passes by. My question is how do you remove the platter? I need to polish is anyway as it has a few stains on the rim that shows. Thanks for your help.

I had to gently tap the spindle while lifting the platter up. It's just such a precision fit it gets stuck. Nothing below holding it on, at least that was the case on my DP61. I used a slug of copper and tapped it and it came right off.

Thank you very much. I'll go try that and see if I can find the source of the rub.

Thank you both for your advice. I tapped it loose with a brass hammer and cleaned the outer rim and inside the shell. No more noise and it sounds great again.

Since you have one how do you like the Grado? Mine has a Shure M-97 and I want to try something besides a Shure for once. All I've had since the 60's have been Shure V-15's until this 97. I do have a cheap At p-mount and it sounds nice for a cheapie.

Back
Top Bottom