Black widow tonearm repair

bktheking

Gitter Done!
I've been browsing the web trying to find someone who has info or knowledge about fixing the aluminum black widow (first gen) tone arm, replacing the tube with carbon fiber but haven't found any successful posts less someone using a pen. That may work but it defeats the purpose of a low mass tonearm. Are the original aluminum tubes press fit? Glued? I read about someone heating up the arm to remove the tube but he had no luck (I'd be concerned about heating up the tonearm to begin with). Any info or knowledge to share would be appreciated.

ZmdDuY.jpg

You know I wouldn't be surprised if this sounds better than the original. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

I kept one for years but let it go after realizing I'd probably never use it on anything again. OTOH, had I found an SME cutout arm board insert for my Denon DP-55K , it might have happened.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You didn't happen to keep the protractor or remember what you used to set it up?

It went in the box with the arm and everything else. Any good protractor will do once mounted according to the SME slot standard.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom