Fx Fargo series

qdrone

Music is my mistress
Loved it,gets two snaps and a growl as Blaine would say. Very gritty with humour just like the movie. Anyone else catch this?

Didn't see it. Being from South Dakota, I know many North Dakotans were offended by the way they were portrayed in the original movie. Wonder if this will likewise offend them.

Then again, being North Dakotan is not a protected class.....

Didn't see it. Being from South Dakota, I know many North Dakotans were offended by the way they were portrayed in the original movie. Wonder if this will likewise offend them.

You betcha:D (even though the movie was nearly all set in Minnesota). Those Teutonic tribes that settled up that way are humor-impaired. (Just joking - my daughter lives in Minneapolis).

Well damn...missed the first episode. Hopefully it's scheduled to play again before the next episode.

Think I'll take a look @ this one. Thanks for bringing it up - had no idea there was such a series going. :thmbsp:

Absolutely loved the first episode! I need a top-quality series to replace my favorites that have ended their run. (breaking bad, the killing) This is potentially the one!

Stumbled upon it. It happened to be the one channel that didn't have a commercial on at the moment. It grabbed me right away, I even watched the repeat. It just may be the Breaking Bad replacement.

Then again, being North Dakotan is not a protected class.....

I used to do a lot of business between Minneapolis, Fargo, Mitchell (S.D.) and Sioux Falls. I Flew into Minneapolis one cold night, and hopped a shuttle to the Marriott. The Shuttle Driver was a young lady that sounded EXACTLY like she came right out of "Fargo". I asked, "Where you from originally?" She said, "Fargo". I said, "Yep, I could tell. You sound just like the movie."

She said - and I kid you not, "Aaawww, Geeeze Noooo!" :D

Game, set, match.

Loved the original movie. Will have to check out the series.

Just got through watching the repeat I caught on the DVR. :thmbsp:
-spoiler alert-
the bit in the basement was AWESOME! Never saw that coming!

Wow so many likes. My son and I both were on the same page - just terrible. Come on the town bully remains a bully? Everything was so exaggerated to make the guy such a wuss - completely unrealistic and very far from the original movie that didn't need these gimmicks.

I just watched it and loved it, probably the best thing I've seen since Breaking Bad.
Hope the rest of the series is as good as this first episode.

Back
Top Bottom