Cornwall prices?

Jenkster

Bonzo!
Subscriber
Maybe I've been out of the Klipsch loop for awhile but it seems asking prices for Cornwall's have skyrocketed of late. Not so long ago you could get a good to very good pair for $500 to $800. Now, even an OK pair have asking prices for over $1K.:headscrat Are they actually bringing that much coin? They are great speakers, my favorite of the Klipsch I have owned but, way overpriced IMHO. Just an observation, not looking to buy, sell or get a price estimate.

I bought a pair last year in pristine condition for 600.00 and later sold them for 800.00. I would think that is the exception, not the rule.

Just remember, all that overpriced Klipsch inventory you see on ebay is just that. They usually sit, and sit and sit........

It really depends on your location.

I just sold mine for $900. He was happy, I was happy, and most important of all, Mrs. Manning was happy.

Man, I hope the price is going up. I have a couple pair still. I think they are under priced at $1000 when their actual performance is taken into account. I'll probably sit on them until the price equals or exceeds K-horns. And I think it eventually might. When you see K-horns, LaScalas and Belles selling for 2-5x as much and sounding the way they do you gotta wonder. I had a pair of '96 K-horns for 12 years and they take second chair to the Cornies easily. Also had two pair of LaScalas, which to me sound harshly similar to a Heresy. Not that good. And yes, I've used many different tube amps to absolute nauseum. I couldn't like either speaker at all. The K-horn has a few redeeming qualities though but they have to be in corners and are a bitch to move ( a 3-0 door is almost a must). The Cornwalls are the best Heritage Klipsch in my opinion. I've owned all of them but the Belles but I have listened to them on many occassions at our local Stereo Shop in the 80's and 90's.. Now if we are talking coolness of cabs, that is a different story all together.

Last edited:
Man, I hope the price is going up. I have a couple pair still. I think they are under priced at $1000 when their actual performance is taken into account. I'll probably sit on them until the price equals or exceeds K-horns. And I think it eventually might. When you see K-horns, LaScalas and Belles selling for 2-5x as much and sounding the way they do you gotta wonder. I had a pair of '96 K-horns for 12 years and they take second chair to the Cornies easily. Also had two pair of LaScalas, which to me sound harshly similar to a Heresy. Not that good. And yes, I've used many different tube amps to absolute nauseum. I couldn't like either speaker at all. The K-horn has a few redeeming qualities though but they have to be in corners and are a bitch to move ( a 3-0 door is almost a must). The Cornwalls are the best Heritage Klipsch in my opinion. I've owned all of them but the Belles but I have listened to them on many occassions at our local Stereo Shop in the 80's and 90's.. Now if we are talking coolness of cabs, that is a different story all together.

Interesting point and well taken Kyle. I guess it does depend on if you are the buyer or the seller.

I had a beautiful pair of Cornwalls with Crites updates, I advertised them for months and finally sold them for $550, they had sequential serial numbers and were MINT.
now, sadly I miss them...........................

I posted this thread because of an issue with my main speakers which are ADS L-1530's. One of the woofers developed a voice coil rub so it is off to Richard So for repair. My good friend and fellow AK'er, Rob, offered his Cornwall's to me until my woofer is repaired.:thmbsp: They are WO finish from 1981 and box stock. I have had Corns' before including a beautiful pair of II's, vertical horn design, that are currently the pride and joy of another AK'er. I also purchased the pair I am borrowing for a ridiculously low price about three years ago and passed them on to Rob.

After listening to them for a couple of days, I remembered what I like and dislike about them. They can be a bit harsh and boomy with the wrong amp and source. They can get a bit tiring at times, at least in my room, especially with digital. What I love about them is the openness and effortless music they deliver. They have few equals with vinyl and a good tube amp. That and they are just plain fun to listen to. I started to look at asking prices and was frankly a bit shocked. I still don't think the run of the mill vintage Corn is worth $1K but you could do a lot worse for more. Oh, they are not going to replace the ADS L-1530's.:no:

I've been trying to sell my 77 Cornwalls for the past month at $800, no takers.

Theyre in fair condition, and I think the price is well worth them. I decided to keep my 81 La Scalas.

Jenkster,

If you were to opt for a pair of cornscalas, all the negatives you describe would vanish. You would be left with a speaker that has no equals at it's price point, and not much that is better at several times it's cost.

Jenkster,

If you were to opt for a pair of cornscalas, all the negatives you describe would vanish. You would be left with a speaker that has no equals at it's price point, and not much that is better at several times it's cost.

I have thought about the Conscalas in the past but, in my room, I just don't think they would dethrone the ADS L-1530's.

Around here I've seen Cornwalls at
$400 --> quick sale
$600 --> around a week
$800 --> not quick but eventually either sell or reduce price.

Prices seem to go up and down for everything. The price of Heresys have gotten to what Fortes sale for. The Sansui equipment prices go up and down too.

I know some Ebay sellers are smoking crack :smoke: with their asking prices. Hey, it's 4/20, today they are probably smokin' something else?:D

I believe it should be moved into Dollars & Sense.

I totally agree with posts above that Cornwall is one of the best speaker ever. Easily beat basically anything.

I don't think the Cornwall prices are going up. I'm watching Cornwall on eBay and prices are about the same for the last several years.

As a matter of fact, all Klipsch Heritage priced on eBay are about the same as few years ago, but Heresy. Best Heresy nowadays sold on eBay above $1,000, higher then many examples of Forte and Cornwall.

In short, Cornwall is one of the most undervalued speaker. However, it's almost impossible to ship.

I believe it should be moved into Dollars & Sense.

I totally agree with posts above that Cornwall is one of the best speaker ever. Easily beat basically anything.

I don't think the Cornwall prices are going up. I'm watching Cornwall on eBay and prices are about the same for the last several years.

As a matter of fact, all Klipsch Heritage priced on eBay are about the same as few years ago, but Heresy. Best Heresy nowadays sold on eBay above $1,000, higher then many examples of Forte and Cornwall.

In short, Cornwall is one of the most undervalued speaker. However, it's almost impossible to ship.

I was just making an observation that, in my opinion, the asking prices of Cornwall's have seemed to really increased lately. I could very well be wrong and wanted feedback from fellow members. If the moderators feel this discussion should be moved to D & S, that is fine with me.

Last edited:
I found 10 ads for vintage Cornwall's on that auction site. The average asking price/BIN was $1244. The high was two at $1550, the low $945. The pair for $945 looked kind of beat with grill damage though the photography was very poor. Less than stellar feedback as well.

Last edited:
I had a beautiful pair of Cornwalls with Crites updates, I advertised them for months and finally sold them for $550, they had sequential serial numbers and were MINT.
now, sadly I miss them...........................

550.00 sounds like a buyers market.
One thing is for sure once they're gone they're gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom