Transistor Substitute?

Starbender

Gathering dust...
I'm working on GX-260D. I made a silly mistake and shorted 2SC1013 transistor on the power supply. I'm digging datasheets but cannot find any info about this old transistor.
Anyone knows any replacement for this one?

I read that page. But i couldn't find info about pin layout. Is this sc1013 ECB or CBE? Old one is shorted. I cannot check for pin layout. Can i use fairchild ksc2690?

I read that page. But i couldn't find info about pin layout. Is this sc1013 ECB or CBE? Old one is shorted. I cannot check for pin layout. Can i use fairchild ksc2690?

I can't remember anymore - in the powersupply the emitter is connected to a 1Ohm fusible resistor, and the base is connected to a zener diode AND a resistor

so you should be able to figure the pin's out :)

We used to replace the entire circuitry with a 7824 regulator back then !

just mount a 7824 and short the zener diode ! AS FAR AS I REMEMBER :)
(no refunds available if it blows up in your face though)

attachment.php

EDIT: Most AKAI's are using 24volt regulated powersupply, and on the 260 series, the transistor was on a "isolated" heatsink, therefore the 7824 trick was usefull, but do make sure you can locate the zenerdiode !

attachment.php

Attachments

• akai260_psu.jpg
    akai260_psu.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 49
  • akai_260d_psu1.jpg
    akai_260d_psu1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I can't remember anymore - in the powersupply the emitter is connected to a 1Ohm fusible resistor, and the base is connected to a zener diode AND a resistor

so you should be able to figure the pin's out :)

In fact, i figure it out pin layout from SM. But i had to hear experts opinions ;)
I made lots of mistakes in the past, mostly silly ones. Thanks for your suggestion. Appreciated!

only 1 problem i see is r2 and or r3 will go up in smoke so either one will need removing :scratch2:
to be fair r3 is likely to burn first:D

R3 might blow - then the problem is solved :)

(resistors rarely shorts !)

You're correct - cut one end !

Bly me - it's way back :D

I'm working on GX-260D. I made a silly mistake and shorted 2SC1013 transistor on the power supply. I'm digging datasheets but cannot find any info about this old transistor.
Anyone knows any replacement for this one?
Did you ever find a good replacement?

Back
Top Bottom