Your favorite low power receivers

MusicOnly

I want to get a couple of receivers for my collection .
I was thinking of starting with a lower power model such as a HK430 , or
a Kenwood KR4600 heck even a Realistic ST A84 if I could find one minty .
What are your favorite receivers under say 35wpc ?

Last edited:
Personally I have owned a Marantz 2230 (great little receiver) but my favorite SS low powered receiver was probably a Sony STR V3. Regret selling that Sony to this day.

STA-52B, I have a couplen low powered solid state Scott's that are low powered. Sansui 6, 4000. I cant pick just one!

My favorite is my little Sansui 661 (27 wpc) that I got for $25 and cleaned up.

sansui661_zps59087df0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And a big thanks to DWOJO for supplying the new lamps!

Last edited:
I have a Realistic STA-76 I purchase new in 1975. Recapped and dial lights, and still enjoy it. Whopping 12 watts but that's good for many situations.

You can't go wrong with a Harman Kardon 430. I love mine and I'm a real fan of the simple futuristic type styling.

I have a huge 36' x 32' garage and that little receiver has no problems filling it with sound with the Optimus 5b speakers I'm using.

Of the receivers I own, I would favor the Pioneer SX-535 (20 watts) and Sansui 221 (12 watts). Another that performs way better than I expected is a 1985 Technics SA-150 (25 watts) for which I paid all of $5.

In this category, I think considering the NAD 7020 is obligatory.

And then there's the Philips 78x (silver) and 78x1 (black) series. I'm not sure which models come in under the 35WPC wire. Like the NAD, the Philips use beefy, honest-to-gosh metal-case (TO-3) output transistors. Between the two, I'd choose the Philips - but, most of the world disagrees, which can make them a relative bargain even though I believe they are much rarer than the NAD.

Have fun choosing,

chazix

Back
Top Bottom