Luxman R-1120 Replacement Glass

bikerdon

Does anyone know where you can find replacement glass for these receivers?
Picked one up cheap, and it seems to work fine, just has some physical damage.

Thanks,
don

Gonna be a parts unit or just get glass cut at the local glass place and fashion your own labels for it.
I have one with no words left on the glass...guess I need to figure out how to put the info on the glass that this receiver needs.

The 4 receivers are the same size, depth being the difference but the knobs switches buttons and dials are a bit different. I would need to check these two to verify if the words on the 1120 is the same as the 1050 and I'm not near my 1120 and my 1050 is a few miles further away. Be next week before I can check any of this.

I do not mean to intrude on a conversation, but I have the same broken glass problem on a fully functioning R-1040. I'm not going to toss a good working unit because the glass is shattered. Perhaps someone with a steady hand and a pointed, fine brush can paint in the words on new glass. What a shame for the glass to break...
I wish you well, bikerdon.

Sorry to join thread nearly a year later. FED EX broke dial glass Om wonderful R 1050 that I sold on auction site. I refunded customer and after mondo hassle did get most of $$ back. FED EX packaged it. I have lost my trust in them. Anyway - did anybody ever find a solution? I have a beautiful 1050 that I hate to see go to waste for parts.

I believe you can get a chunk of glass cut to fit the inside of the faceplate. Not too big a deal there.

But there are labels for the controls on the glass that would need to be put on the glass. A steady hand of a calligrapher, some stick on letters, some acid etching (as is done to car windows with the VIN) would all provide the information. Don't know how good it will look.

I need to investigate these options as my 1120 glass, intact as it is has no control labels on it. I'll never know what knob does what.

The 1120 has the electrostatic speaker switch position on the speaker selector that the lower units don't have so that glass is unique. Using the faceplate of one of the lower units would not announce the dual turnover frequencies of teh tone controls, either.

I'd look for a parts unit for the glass or one with good glass but horrible cosmetics. Maybe, Oak Tree Vintage will have a parts donor. I wish I had the glass, if I did, I'd help you.

Why a calligrapher? Go into an adobe illustrator type program, find a similar font, design decals. Get a local print shop to print 'em out on decal paper. Apply. If you've got some skill with the program, you can even make the "Luxman" decals.

A calligrapher could paint the glass on the inside if truly skilled and then it would be nice and not a sticker.

I’m chiming in here because I’m desperate for help!
I need to clean the inside glass of my R-1120 badly. I sprayed some duster in there which kicked up dirt and also left a horrible hazy smear over the glass panel from the inside. If I could wipe it off with a microfiber that would be perfect but it seems like the tone control knobs are stopping the panel from being removed. Do these knobs come off? How else can I gain access?? HELP ME PLEASE!!

Pull. The have a stop for the two turnover frequencies but the knob just pulls off.

If that doesn't work, if you can get spoons under the edge or the use of dental floss to get behind them to pull harder.

Pull. The have a stop for the two turnover frequencies but the knob just pulls off.

If that doesn't work, if you can get spoons under the edge or the use of dental floss to get behind them to pull harder.
Thank you for the quick reply and glad to hear they do come off.
I read a lot of your comments on here about Luxman Mr. Blue Shadow. It’s a pleasure to actually communicate with you

Back
Top Bottom