SMAC October 2013

jmathers

Folks:

The October SMAC meet will be held at Mike's (punkerX's) place on Saturday, October 26th. See my email for details. Hope to see you there.:banana::banana::banana:

Jeff

Will miss you Don and good to know at least one Dave will make it.. Can't place you Greg.. but you are welcome.

For those that are not on Jeff's list and may want to attend as a new member of SMAC. Here's the contents of the email. Please PM me for the location information.

I would like to welcome all to our new place for the next SMAC meeting on October 26th 1:00PM to whenever.

This in the Flint’s College Cultural Neighborhood. A unique and historically significant neighborhood established during Flint’s boom years of the 1920’s and still one of Flint’s finest and safest neighborhoods. Parking is tight on my street with on-street parking only the east side of the street. There is parking at Mott Community College and Woodside Church which is only a block away if it gets really tight. I would suggest ride sharing.

We will have lots to eat, some pop and bottled water. Please bring your own Alcoholic beverage of choice.

Craig (NOSValves) will be down and have his new NBS pre-amp with him. He will have my main floor living room and will have his pre-amp, a pair of VRD monoblocks and a pair Tannoy dual concentric 15’s. There will also be tuner, SACD Player and a turntable. Actual equipment list may change. I’m sure Craig will give updates as we get closer, either sending to the list or posting on the AudioKarma forum

My main system is in the basement and consists of:

Blue Circle BC3 Galatea line stage tube pre-amp
Blue Circle BC707 phone stage
NOSValves Stereo Amp
Oracle Delphi MKV Turbo, Graham 2.2, Benz Ebony
Sony SCD-C555ES SACD player
A number of tuners
Altec 604 in 620B cabinets, 1981 equivalent of Model 18’s

Everyone is welcome to bring some tunes. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 26th.

Mike,
If I'm not in Ludington, I'll be by, need anything for the meet? :scratch2:

Can I assume that there will not be any Eagles played?:scratch2:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/eagles-fan-stabbed/?iref=obnetwork

This story is written much better...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/17/vernett-bader-stabs-roommate-ex-the-eagles_n_3943852.html

:lmao:

"She sure didn't have a peaceful easy feeling.

Vernett Bader, 54, is accused of stabbing her live-in ex-boyfriend Monday night because he wouldn't stop listening to The Eagles at their North Charleston, S.C. residence, according to ABC News 4.

Police say Bader was watching TV with the man's brother and told her 64-year-old ex to turn his music off. The ex responded by telling her to "shut up" and took her tolerance to the limit by continuing to play the classic rock tunes.

Apparently not one to take it easy, Bader then allegedly grabbed a bread knife and started swinging it at the man. He told police by the time he managed to get the knife away from her, the desperado was already gone, headed to the kitchen to get another, the Post and Courier reported. The victim locked himself in the bathroom to get away from her.

Police say Bader admitted to stabbing the man, but said it was out of self-defense because he was choking her.

Investigators, who noted there were no marks on her neck, did not believe her allegedly lyin' eyes.

She's at the Charleston County Jail now, and will likely make a court appearance one of these nights.

I can't tell you why, but I like it too. I think the poor guy was a victim of love and she was some kind of witchy woman.

Well, that's what happens when you chug all night; you don't get the best of my love and wind up with a good day in Hell. He should jump into his Ol '55 and drive to the Midnight Flyer as the train leaves here this morning, my man....

Would like to come and meet everyone as a new member but don't know that I can make it that day.

Am not on the list for email but would like to be added. PM sent to Jeff with contact info.

Well, that's what happens when you chug all night; you don't get the best of my love and wind up with a good day in Hell. He should jump into his Ol '55 and drive to the Midnight Flyer as the train leaves here this morning, my man....

In the long run, this whole discussion is just wasted time. We'll just have to get over it. Now where did I leave my tequila sunrise?:scratch2:

Thanks for the info Jeff.

That area is very nice. Taking a class at Mott currently.

Hope to see everyone on the 26th.

Back
Top Bottom