What's Pioneer in your rig?

Just wanna say hi to all you fellow Pioneer lovers... and while I'm here I might as well present my mini list:

Home:

-SPEC-2 power amplifier
-SG-9500 equalizer
-TX-9800 tuner
-SX-750 receiver
-CT-F9191 tape deck (x2)
-SE-505 headphones
-SE-205 ---"---
-CS-66E speaker
-HPM-100 speakers

Cars:

-KPX-9000 car stereo
-KEX-23 car stereo
-KEX-73 car stereo
-GM-120 amplifier (x2)
-GM-40 amplifier (x2)
-GM-4 amplifier (x4)
-CD-5 equalizer
-TS-168 speakers
-TS-1648 speakers
-TS-X9 speakers

Non Pioneer:

-Technics SL-1800 turntable
-JVC L-F66 turntable
-Bang & Olufsen Beomaster 3000-2 receiver

If by any chance someone here has a SPEC-1 pre amp they can spare... please let me know.

Regards,
Rod.

Sent from my bq Aquaris 5.7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My Pioneer update - my beloved SX-1250 is due out of the shop from refurbishment/re-cap in a few days, but it's going directly to my son. Next on the bench are my Spec-1 and Spec-2!!!! When they return from the refurb, (new caps and such) they shall join my Pioneer TX-8500 II tuner and my Sansui SR-83i8 turntable.

I don't know what is considered "rig". I have several Pioneer pieces that aren't in the rack right now. Mainly because I don't have a nice rack, but will after reading the post above.

My Pioneer stuff includes an RT-707, SX-950, and a PL-570.

Got a Spec 4 & Spec 1 in my homemade Rack :smoke:

Nice rig and nice rack. My Spec-1 and Spec-2 are in the shop for a full refurb. I miss them. My 'precious,' my SX-1250 was just fully refurbed and is on its way to my son - a pretty sweet gift for him. My specs will feed a stack including K-horns, HPM-100s, JBL L-166 Horizons, JBL L-99 Lancers, Yamaha NS-50T monitors and - eventually (need to unpack them) original Maggies. Being the sucker that I am, I just purchased a refurbed SX-1250 for another room - my STA-2100 will go to my son after refurb and shall be replaced by the new 1250. Down the road - I have a Technics SA-5770 next up in the shop.

Current Pioneer gear - SX-550, SX-650, SX-750 (soon to be sold), SX-1250, Spec-1, Spec-2, HPM-100 pair. My son has my handoffs - SX-1250, SX-750, speakers (don't recall model)

Like the set up and very nice, home made rack.

Hunt55

That is really nice!

Nice rig and nice rack. My Spec-1 and Spec-2 are in the shop for a full refurb. I miss them. My 'precious,' my SX-1250 was just fully refurbed and is on its way to my son - a pretty sweet gift for him. My specs will feed a stack including K-horns, HPM-100s, JBL L-166 Horizons, JBL L-99 Lancers, Yamaha NS-50T monitors and - eventually (need to unpack them) original Maggies. Being the sucker that I am, I just purchased a refurbed SX-1250 for another room - my STA-2100 will go to my son after refurb and shall be replaced by the new 1250. Down the road - I have a Technics SA-5770 next up in the shop.

Thanks for the compliments folks. If you all get bored here is a link to a semi-build thread about my system http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=569849&highlight=spec+4

How many think it would be worth it to restore an SX-750, or at least take it into a shop to see if it tests well or needs just a few parts to bring it back to spec?

I got mine for $40 at a flea market late last summer, wiped the dust off, sprayed some de-oxit in the pots, and have just been using it since. It sounds spectacular, but I always wonder if it could sound even better.

Cosmetically it is an 8 out of 10. It needs to be re-veneered since some of the corners are peeling a little bit, and I need to figure out what kind of cleaner is good to use on the silver front that is strong enough to really clean it without damaging it.

The only thing sonically that seems off is the balance needs to be just a hair to the left to make it sound even from left to right with speakers. With headphones the balance is perfect with the balance knob centered. None of the knobs are scratchy since I used the de-oxit last summer/fall.

I'm sure most would say to try to find an SX-1250 or something bigger instead of refurbishing the little 750, but for my setup the 750 already has just the right amount of power. For my little nearfield setup anything extra would just be a waste.

Love that rack, a good design and a lot like the Salamander I paid way too much for.

I much like the blue LEDs in the SPEC-4. Just when I thought I had gotten sick of people putting blue LEDs in everything!

SPEC-1 Pre amp
SPEC-4 Amp
PL-560 Turntable
RT-707 Reel
TX-8500 II Tuner
SG-9500 EQ
DT-500 Timer

Looking for a CT-F1000
4 CS888A speakers
2Bose201
2 Bose301
Akai GX 635D

Wow some of you have impressive set ups.
Just bought an SX-890, love it!
Have my eye on a couple of sx receivers....

I'm wondering if this clear lucite-style top on an SX-2500 I just bought off eBay is factory-issue, or is it a mod? It has very nice slots cut in it and a back stainless strip, screwed together cleanly. Fits nicely. Got it for a great deal - $100.
Am restoring/refoaming a nice set of EV Interface B Series 3 speakers/monitors for this baby. She sounds sweet with my Carver C-9 and a set of cheap speakers.

Attachments

• SX-2500 w lucite top.jpg
    SX-2500 w lucite top.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Love the Pioneer pics...All I can say is this thread has some Fantastic Rig's, Rack's and equipment! Most Impressive Gear Fella's :thmbsp:

Why not here are a couple of pics. Not silver faced or high powered. More like my low powered black and brown Pioneer set-up...It does sing!

[/IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom