Yamaha NS 50T tweeter issues

jsours

Hi Guys and Gals. Happy Mother's Day. I have a question that some of you may have run across at some time or other. I just picked up a very clean, sharp pair of NS 50T s. When playing them at the guy's house where I got them, I played them decently loud and through a few songs. They sounded great. I have several sets of Yamaha speakers and these were right in there with some of the better ones.
When I got home and played them at fairly low, nighttime volumes levels, the tweeters come and go. They still have some very low output, but boosting the volume a little kicks them in about 3 time the volume. They continue to fluctuate in and out until you crank them up. In my many years and hundreds of speakers, I don't remember this issue. Tweeters either seemed to work- or not. What is the most likely cause? Thanks- Jim

Both tweets act the same ? What are you using for and amplifier?

They act the same, but not identical. That is to say they both come and go, but not exactly at the same moments. I've got them hooked up to an old Yamaha A30 that has been reliable. I'll try them with something else to see if that makes a difference.

Try'm with a different amp. The A30 may have some issues. Like dirty switches or controls or carboned up relay contacts or even cold solder connections.

Hello! I am bit late to this but I was curious if you solved your problem.

I also own a pair of NS 50T speakers and I had the exact same issue. Unfortunately, when I went to clean the connections, the wire to the magnet broke so now I have a new issue on hand but I was hoping to hear what eventually solved the problem. I thought it was the amp as well but I tried the speakers with both a pioneer sx 780 and an 850 and the problem was present both times.

No, it never really went away. I tried them with two other power sources and at low volumes, they come and go. Mid to high is not a problem. Great sounding speakers otherwise.

No, it never really went away. I tried them with two other power sources and at low volumes, they come and go. Mid to high is not a problem. Great sounding speakers otherwise.

May have a loose connections in the crossovers or the tweeter voice coils.

They are a bit beat up, still sound fine, using as surround on wife's system. One of my twin sons pushed in one of the woofer dust covers.

Back
Top Bottom