Post photos of your speakers

allsmith

If you got the time,post up some pics of your speakers.We all love to see pics here! I hear brands and model numbers of speakers you all have all the time,but i dont always now what they look like.Even if your model has already been posted,still post your pair! If you have many pairs of speakers (as most of us do) just post your favorites if you want. Or If you have just one or two pairs,post them up!

I'll start with my three favorite pairs.

Epicure 3.0
ADS L1290
Pioneer S101 Custom
attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Picture 097.jpg
    Picture 097.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Picture 095.jpg
    Picture 095.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Here's some of mine:

IMF RSPM IV
IMF TLS 50 II
Alon II

Attachments

• Alon II Back Baffle.jpg
    Alon II Back Baffle.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Alon IIs.jpg
    Alon IIs.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMF TLS50 IIs (Whole).jpg
    IMF TLS50 IIs (Whole).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 182
  • RSPM IV Right Closeup.jpg
    RSPM IV Right Closeup.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 140
  • RSPM IV Left Speaker.jpg
    RSPM IV Left Speaker.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 254
Captouch, those have a great look to them. I am in the market for something similar in size/look for a vintage macintosh mc2205 amp (200 watts). Can you recommend any brand in that large wood style?

I am having a hard time finding direction in my speaker search.

attachment.php

(OK, so the 250s are gone now. But I still like the picture. :D)

Last edited:
speakers

Sorry about the crappy pics. I have finally gotten down to 2 pairs of speakers, i think i may chase 1 more pair but haven't decided completely yet. The pics are Altec A-7s being powered by a little Jolida SJ-502A tube amp. The second set are JBL-4430s, and those are being powered by a Yamaha PC2002M, both sets sound outstanding. The little Jolida really takes control of those big altec horns and really smooth them out very nicely. The JBLs seem to like power, the yamaha puts out 240 w.p.c. and sounds very nice on the JBLs, the music is warm, highly detailed, and the bass is deep and where it is suppose to be. :yes:

Attachments

• ALTECS AND JBL 011.jpg
    ALTECS AND JBL 011.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 305
@Theebadone..Steady bro steady!:D I would be a little shaky too if my system and speakers were that nice!! Excellent!!:yes:

Captouch, those have a great look to them. I am in the market for something similar in size/look for a vintage macintosh mc2205 amp (200 watts). Can you recommend any brand in that large wood style?

I am having a hard time finding direction in my speaker search.

Thanks!

Well, I'm not a vintage speaker expert by any means. I heard about IMF only through a D&S lead here on AK - there was a local CL ad that I wouldn't have found without that lead. I picked up the TLS 50 II's for cheap and loved them, and then the RSPM IV's came up locally a few months later.

They're both transmission line designs, so bass goes deep. I've heard some say, comparatively speaking, that they don't image as well as the best speakers do, but I think they do fine. They're also not very efficient, but your 200W will be just fine.

Fried and TDL were related transmission line speaker makers. There's info on all 3 at this site:
https://sites.google.com/site/imfelectronics/

They're not as well known, so many times they fly under the radar and you can pick them up pretty cheap. They're heavy, so it's usually always local pick-up, but you can set up a saved search on eBay to see if anything pops up in your area. Of course, CL as well.

It seems that the big wood speakers are not so in style anymore, so vintage is probably the best way to go. Besides IMF and Fried/TDL, I'd also keep an eye out for KEFs and I'm sure many more, but I don't want to give recommendations without having the knowledge on which models are well regarded. I'm sure others will chime in.

Where roughly are you located?

IMG_0143.jpg
These are my Magnestand MMG's- I bought them five years ago this week as a retirement gift to myself. Best $ I've spent on audio.

picture.php

My Wharfedale W90's (Early '60's)... They're a heapin' helpin' of sweetness. I did a recheck on the placement distances yesterday, so they're singing right now. Never heard a speaker make jazz sound so-good and then turn around and do the same thing with some early '90's rap. EVERYTHING sounds good. The Super 3 is an amazing tweeter. Sparkly on top without any "zizz" whatsoever, and open like 7-11. And the bass is smooth, effortless, and dynamic at real-world, background levels.

My W60's, from the same era, can be seen in the video in my signature. Also real, REAL nice. Give them a good room and get them placed the right way with the right kind of tube-flavored power, and they will knock your socks off. Quite a speaker for a 2-way large-bookshelf-type.

Last edited:
Here's an Altec "Glamour Shot" that I took last week. Every wife's dream. :D

OK, now you're just showin' off... :D

Wow, that's quite a sight. Did you ever run two pairs at the same time like that?

I'd love to have a pair of 19's, but you need a big room for those, and I just don't (I also don't have room for more than one pair of BIG speakers like that). Maybe a pair of 14's would be more-doable someday. I'm doin' alright though. Just dreamin' out loud, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gang Twanger- yes the pretty boxes house custom crossovers. I've teased the wife about using them for cremation ashes when the time comes!

Back
Top Bottom