Yamaha M-4

for the money, i'm not sure you can find a better 125-150 wpc amp. it really sings with a nice preamp ahead - while still nice (from what i hear), i'm not sure the C-4 really does it justice.

163 watts of great listening..:thmbsp:

910484954_SwNA6-M.jpg

rearanged my room and built a new rack useing pieces of a entertainment center sombody was throwing away. the racks internal dimensions are 19" wide and 20" deep the front has a trim piece that is only 17" wide so equipment still fits inside and looks good, while having space on the right and left side.

to keep my reciently recaped c-4 cool as possible i added two 12v fans in the back pulling air in from above the m-4. and pushing it out above the c-4. neither the m-4 or c-4 has been above 73f. since this change (the outsides of the units anyways)

btw all of the buttons are actually green.. the camera just makes it look blue. :thmbsp:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well, after finally getting my hands on a C-6 to mate with my 30yr+ M-4 (2nd owner, a haffler pre got shelved), the M-4 gave up. I can power it on, but it does not get past the power up protection... no speaker lights, no sound.
I spent some time swaping out the burnt bulbs for LEDs as well as checking the BIAS and DC Offset. At least I got to listen to it for several months before if gave up. I've had to revert to my old Technics AV receiver as a power amp for now.
Any ideas?

If it powers up.Recheck the DC offset at the circuit board test points.

If it powers up.Recheck the DC offset at the circuit board test points.

I somehow missed this post in my misery state... I checked and reajusted all settings, no change, relays are still not being triggered. Dumb question, do I need speakers connected to trigger the relays? I am thinking NOT as I remember hearing the "thunk" a few seconds after power on without any speakers attached.

Sorry for doing a double post on this subject.

I somehow missed this post in my misery state... I checked and reajusted all settings, no change, relays are still not being triggered. Dumb question, do I need speakers connected to trigger the relays? I am thinking NOT as I remember hearing the "thunk" a few seconds after power on without any speakers attached.

Sorry for doing a double post on this subject.

Answer you other post....

Back
Top Bottom