Ka 8006

fredgarvin

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just a drop in to you Kenwood folks to say that I ran a 7's era KA 8006 for several years, replaced it eventually with a Pioneer 1050 because I was into power at the time. It sat in a closet for awhile but I hooked it back up when the Pioneer croaked after many years. It really sounded good, especially in the midrange. When I picked up my current Coda amp, at 3x the power, and an IRD pre, the Kenwood compared pretty well. Less power, perhaps a little less extension and refinement up top but very nice. I moved it into my shop until it finally croaked. In the shop it replaced a 90's era Marantz integrated and sounded better in every way. Music that was obscured in the vocal band by the Marantz was displayed in 3D splendor by that Kenwood.

I have a warm spot for that unit and would recommend it to anyone, vintage lovers or not.

I have a KA8006 myself and it is a very underrated amp.

This amp will embarass many "better" amps with its unassuming and understated looks...

The 8006 is a beast. I've had the privilege of restoring two and they both looked and sounded fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom