My first Tube component a Fisher 800c

Mike Wehner

I just picked up this Fisher 800c serial number 46692 Q yesterday. It was mounted in a beautiful Barzilay console. I have wanted one of these for almost 20 years since Paul Gryzbek introduced me to The Fisher in his record shop " Bizzy Bee Records" when I was in High School.

I could not after afford both so I made them an offer for the Fisher. The couple I bought it from was happy to sell it to me as they are vintage furniture resellers and had little interest in it. I offered them $240 and took it home.

It seems to be in great shape and has all of the know brasses with it and still has the original power cord with tag. I have yet to hook it up to speakers yet. I am considering restoring it myself but I have not decided yet. This is my first Fisher so any direction towards resources for restoration and do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.

I just noticed there is already a ton of FAQ info on here but still feel free to put in your 2 cents thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
You did good :thmbsp:

Read up on 800c restores in this very forum. It'll give you everything you need except patience, temperament and tools :yes:

I just picked up this Fisher 800c serial number 46692 Q yesterday. It was mounted in a beautiful Barzilay console. I have wanted one of these for almost 20 years since Paul Gryzbek introduced me to The Fisher in his record shop " Bizzy Bee Records" when I was in High School.

I could not after afford both so I made them an offer for the Fisher. The couple I bought it from was happy to sell it to me as they are vintage furniture resellers and had little interest in it. I offered them $240 and took it home.

It seems to be in great shape and has all of the know brasses with it and still has the original power cord with tag. I have yet to hook it up to speakers yet. I am considering restoring it myself but I have not decided yet. This is my first Fisher so any direction towards resources for restoration and do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.

I just noticed there is already a ton of FAQ info on here but still feel free to put in your 2 cents thanks!

Hi! :banana:
What was/is in those Westinghouse boxes labeled "7591A"?
How many of them were there?
Did they come as part of your deal with the furniture guys?
I can see the power tubes on your new amp are mismatched.
Please tell me that you didn't also get a quad of new Westinghouses at that price! :no:
Just kidding, but jealous, I hope you did! :yippy:
You are in for some fun!
Phyllis

Back
Top Bottom