700M-700C I've joined the club

KenP

My first ever kenwoods. After reading so many good things about them I decided to find some units.

Luckily a 700M came up pretty cheap locally and then the next week I found a 700C locally as well. The amp needs a bit of tlc but the pre is bone stock and in really great condition.

I've already started dismantling the amp and will probably take some pics during the rebuild.

That's pretty amazing that you found both pieces locally! My 700's are from all over the country and it took me a while to find them.

Congratulations on your acquisition; as you carry in with restorations take a look at the threads that echowars has posted on these as he is the most knowledgeable person you will find on the 700 series. :yes;

Thanks, I've been going over any thread that I could find that had good information, I'll be making a list and checking it twice and probably spending a few hundred to buy the parts needed but it should all be worth in the end.

I as well recently picked up a 700M and 700C locally. You will love them! Congrats on your new gear!

There was a 700c from Alberta that was for sale but I found mine within 5 km of where I live. I had thought that these units were quite rare? the guy I got the pre from also had a 600 tuner and integrated that were in great shape as well.

Wish I could find another set again. some of the best sounding products ever. You have got to get the 600T to make a set. (prefer that to the 700T)

Still waiting for some parts to come in, recapped the M and changed out the transistors, all is well so far.

Still waiting to change out some of the resistors and those pesky vr1/2, I can get 50mv on one side and the other gives me 220mv. On another note I found a 600t tuner and it should be on the way to me tomorrow :)

:thmbsp: Tuner will be on its way tomorrow! Will be a great setup you have!!:thmbsp::thmbsp:

Wish I could find another set again. some of the best sounding products ever. You have got to get the 600T to make a set. (prefer that to the 700T)

Congrats! Welcome to the club. AK must have the highest concentration of Supreme owners anywhere.

I agree the 600T is the better tuner. I sold it in favor of the 700T because I couldn't break up my set.

Congrats! Welcome to the club. AK must have the highest concentration of Supreme owners anywhere.

I agree the 600T is the better tuner. I sold it in favor of the 700T because I couldn't break up my set.

Sorta similar to the situation with the GT 2000 owners at AK. I've still got my EW Kenwood 700C. They are well worth buying.

Just got another 700m, in rough shape but it works, kind of. broken sub button non original front glass, different knobs and the meter range buttons only work if held in. On a good note it's completely untouched inside but coated with a thick layer of dust. and the outer shell has some rust on it. dc offset is 12.2 and 24, so not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom