2017 Wisconsin AK Meet/Gathering

Greg86z28

Anyone in Wisconsin ever put together an AK meet before? I was thinking something for this fall (or spring)?

Would anyone be interested in this? We could set up some tables for a small swap/gear sell and then have some lunch.

I was at a few of these in Denver and it was always fun.

Greg

I am in I have been waiting for one in this area. Ill drive a few hours to get to it it really don't matter where it is. EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure thing Greg. I got your PM, would need about a months notice. I'm only an hour from the "Beltline".

Hi all,

So as far as timeline, I was thinking possibly next spring (unless someone else wants to offer to host this fall). We just bought a house near Indian Lake Park and will be moving in during September, so this fall will be not a good time for hosting an event.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...29,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x7598cadc4ebb2153

Would people be interested in driving there in the spring if I hosted something? We could do a bring your gear swap/sale in the garage, BS about audio gear or cars or whatever else, and have a lunch (pulled pork sandwiches or something of the like).

I kind of wanted to get this up on the boards to get the wheels turning. I figure it's never too early to start planning something.

Here's a post with some pictures from a meet in CO. Great times.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=6753275&postcount=550

I also thought it was fun because you meet so many different people with different tastes. Some people are into tubes, some into solid state, some into classical, some into classic rock. It's really interesting that the hobby is so diverse.

Oooh, I love Cross Plains.

I'd be interested. My schedule is usually hectic but I'd try to make it!

We've had meetups in the mpls/st paul area before, but it's been a couple years since we've had one. The turnout kept getting smaller and smaller unfortunately. That being said, I'd try and make it depending on what was going on here.

Wow this is great, lots of interest. I will touch base back on here in a few months. How would we feel about something in the middle or end of May, on a Saturday? Or does Sunday work better?

Greg

Hi all. Sorry for the delay. I ended up taking the PE exam on April 15th, so my life up to that point was completely consumed.

I'm thinking a weekend in May might be good? Let me check my calendar and we'll see what works.

I would need to sync up the date to our home front schedule, but if everything jives, I'd be there.

Back
Top Bottom