What GF gear do you own?

iGrant

Grant Fidelity Forum Moderator
We have around 1,000 direct customers now, with luck maybe about 1 in 25 post their thoughts online, we get lots of thanks over the phone or by email. So if your passing by AK or are a member here, please let us know what GF gear you have or have had.

Thanks,
Ian

B-283 Tube Buffer. Very, very nice with vintage solid state recievers in line from the CD player or PC.

I'm currently running out from the PC by USB to a Musiland LILO, through the B-283 into an old Kenwood receiver, then out to a pair of Altec Capris speakers, and it is beautiful. Not "hi-fi," but very, very, nice for a very, very nice price. Recommended for the regular folk with bad rock n' roll ears like me!

Keep up the good work!

Tube Buffer for as well. What an excellent device.
Makes me want for true tube amp/pre-amp/CD gear.
That will be next.
nascar03

I just bought one of Grant Fidelity's RITA-880 Integrated Tube Amps. I haven't received it yet (just purchased it late last night), but I will keep anyone who is interested, up to date on when the 120 lb beast shows up. I will probably start a different thread here in this forum for a review and such.

I am feeling just like a little kid waiting for Santa to show up!

:banana:

Retro

I just bought one of Grant Fidelity's RITA-880 Integrated Tube Amps. I haven't received it yet (just purchased it late last night), but I will keep anyone who is interested, up to date on when the 120 lb beast shows up. I will probably start a different thread here in this forum for a review and such.

I am feeling just like a little kid waiting for Santa to show up!

:banana:

Retro

Please let us know the rest of your system one of the reasons is that if i go for a tube integrated amp it will probably be the RITA-880 TO DRIVE MY 82DB 1+1 Acoustat,s.

Please let us know the rest of your system one of the reasons is that if i go for a tube integrated amp it will probably be the RITA-880 TO DRIVE MY 82DB 1+1 Acoustat,s.

Keeping it real simple here to start, but my only source component will be a Marantz Reference Series SA-11S2 SACD Player:

x642SA11S2-f_MT.jpeg

And a pair of Tyler Acoustics Decade D4 Speakers:

1241110397.jpg

I have some other speakers I might try as well.

Retro

Quite a few things from Ian and Rachel in my household right now, which include:

A-88 Integrated tube amplifier upgraded with :

4 x Shuguang Treasure KT-88 Power tubes
2 x TJ Full Music 12AX7 preamp tubes

B-283 Tube buffer

MRCA-1 Gold Coated Copper Reference Interconnects

Retro - looking forward to reading your impressions on the RITA. I'm using a McIntosh MVP861 universal player with my GF gear. Sounds very very nice :)

I have an A-348 integrated tube amplifier, RPF-120 power conditioner, and PC 1.5 power cables. I cannot compare the A-348 to other tube gear, but it is better than any SS gear I've been able to hear. The A-348 makes my Altec-100's sound far better than I had thought possible, though a speaker upgrade is on the horizon. The GF products I own have very good build quality and are a great value from my perspective.

What makes GF unique for me though is the customer service. Ian and Rachel are quick to respond and you get to talk to someone who cares about your total listening experience, not just their product. Ian went above and beyond helping me through some issues not related to his product and offering advice on my system.

My Rita showed up last week, but I need to leave it crated up for a few more weeks while I finish up my home remodeling project. I'm in the middle of completely re-doing my dining room, living room, first/second floor stairwell, and the upstair hallway, all at once! It is a 1915 built house and has the old plaster walls that take a lot of prep work to re-do. The sheet-rockers will be here this week, then the taper/mudder guy, then we have to do all the painting, and then finally have the wood floors sanded down and refinished. I'm hoping to have everything done by the end of August and my review of Rita will follow shortly thereafter. I also ordered some very nice, heavy-duty new TV/Audio racks for Rita and all my other components. Don't worry, I'll be taking lots of pictures. :yes:

Retro

Heck, at this point Gary, I'd love to hear that setup too.
:D

It's damn hard looking at that crate every time I walk by it, but with all the dust I'm kicking up around here, that's the best place for it.
:yes:

Maybe I'll have to have a little fall get together a couple of weeks after Jay's KC "Twango-Fest?"

Of course, you're welcome down here anytime, just give me a shout, and if it's before the end of August, I'll grab an extra paint roller & brush for you.

Retro

Of course, you're welcome down here anytime, just give me a shout, and if it's before the end of August, I'll grab an extra paint roller & brush for you.

Retro

Heck maybe you need to have a get-together and just have all the AK nuts do the painting for you.:lmao:

Grant fidelity gear i know own

1} First the A-348 tube int amp. Can run el 34 and kt-88.
So far I've put in TJ 12ax7, The TREASURE cv-181-z x2 and am running the reg el34 at the moment. Have already purchaced the QUAD OF TREASURE KT-88-Z that I haven't put in Yet.
2} The next is the A-534-B 300B integrated power amp with 2 Telefuncan
12AX7 and 2 treasure 6ca7 to drive the 300-B. On their way early next
week are my pair of TREASURE 300-B-Z to complete the sound.
As you can tell I love the TREASURE series tubes.
3} One pair of GRANT FIDELITY RSB1 1st order crossover speakers using
Morel 6 1/2 mid bass driver and 1 inch tweeter. I run the speakers with the 300-b int amp although the speakers are between 85 and 87 DB sensitivity they do the job very well with all the volume i need..
4{ I use one of the orig GRANT FIDELITY power conditioners. I also use 8 of their pc 1.5 power cables.
5} I have also one of their less expensive interconnect cables I run to a tuner.
6} I have paid for and expecting with my 300b order early next week along with my new pair of GF supertweeters.
7} Have added the RITA 880 to my list of GRANT FIDELITY gear
Using Treasure series tubes for KT-88 and 6SN7 with TJ full music in the 6SL7 slot.

I've never written down all the GF gear I own ,I got a little jittery.
Thing is I've really liked the sound of every piece of gear so far. Never had that before.

Last edited:
Well, here it is:

rita24.jpg

Instead of the Tyler Acoustics D4's (they are going into a different system), I went with Grant Fidelity's Shengya V-518 speakers loaded with the wood horn tweeters for better "whole system" synergy. Careful what you wish for. :D

So, as far as Grant Fidelity epuipment and components, I now own the RITA-880 Integrated Tube Amp, the Shengya V-518 Speakers, 4 of the PC 1.5 Performance Power Cables, an RPF-120 MKII Reference Power Conditioner, a pair of SPC 5n Copper Speaker Cables, a pair RCA-1 Performance Interconnect Cables, and I just got the Tube DAC-09 in the mail yesterday.

I think I'm done for a while. :D

Retro

Back
Top Bottom