What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

You are right about the transparency of the MC60's with the Tympani's. They just get out of the way and let the music through. I have owned my 60's for almost 30 years now and have never wanted to part with them. I did get rid of my more powerful Bryston 4B and 2B amps though. While I am not familiar with your MC3500's I am familiar with the MC225 which is a great sounding amp. I wish I had never sold the one I had.

Now what's not to like about that!?! Very nice!

Hi damacman,
Thanks a lot for your compliment in spite of my novice on AK forum.
I just replaced the old Mcintosh lamps to Northridge Electrics LED. After that, It makes blue eyes so brighter like a beautiful marine blue.
Attached is one more pics about it. Thanks you!:beer:

oldsui70:music:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mcintosh:MC2600/C40 Sansui:AU20000/TU9900/AU9500/TU9500 Kensonic:C200
JBL:4343 Sonus Faber:Grand Piano Home

Attachments

• Blue Eyes.jpg
    Blue Eyes.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:
Hi damacman,
Thanks a lot for your compliment in spite of my novice on AK forum.
I just replaced the old Mcintosh lamps to Northridge Electrics LED. After that, It make blue eyes so brighter like a beautiful marine blue.
Attached is one more pics about it. Thanks you!:beer:

oldsui70:music:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mcintosh:MC2600/C40 Sansui:AU20000/TU9900/AU9500/TU9500 Kensonic:C200
JBL:4343 Sonus Faber:Grand Piano Home

attachment.php

The factory gave me a discount thorugh the dealer for going with all Mc components.
XR100 speakers
MC302 power amp
C48 pre-amp
MT5-6 turntable

Nice that McIntosh includes a pair of white gloves to assemble the turntable.

Vinyl found in bargain bins almost all played well. Some of the records could use a washing. New 180 gram records are best sound. The most impressive feature with the system is the 'wall of sound' capable at any volume. My experiences with other bygone systems is every stereo had a sweet spot with the resulting volume level upsetting someone.

How are you liking your C-48? I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one to match with my MC-352 amp. I just need one more person to tell me to GO FOR IT!!!

Wow. Love this

Can I ask why you have four vac/power units for your three Sotas?

I always wanted the MC501s and found a pair priced to high before I bought my 402. It just goes to show good things can happen, one day out of the blue I found this package deal. C2300 & MC501s

IMG_1843_zps8224efa5.jpg

As it stands today...

IMG_1907_zpsde9fd3ee.jpg

IMG_1909_zpsb9fb63ca.jpg

My Mcintosh

mac setup 1.jpg

mac setup 2.jpg

My present setups
Pair MacKit 30's/MX110/Volti Klipschorns
Mc225/C11/Cornwalls
Mc7300/C33/Altec model 19's

Wow. Love this

Can I ask why you have four vac/power units for your three Sotas?

Hi thanks,

Three vac units and one electronic flywheel. I got it with one of my SOTA's so my assumption is the power box is not an updated model. I think if you bought a new deck from SOTA it is built into the power box now.

Great forum!! I've learned quite a bit

Today is my birthday 64 years young. I was hooked on audio at 12 but it took me another 40 years to discover the sound I had been chasing all my life and that was Mcintosh. My system
C2200 Telefunkens
MX 135
MC 207
MC 402
MS 300
MC1100
MR 85

Other
JA Michell Gyro DEC
Rega RB 350
Sumiko Blackbird cartridge
Jolida JD 9 Telefunkens
Shanling CT1000 SE CD player highly modded
B&W 802N
Acoustic Zen Satori shotgun biwire speaker cables
Audioquest Columbia interconnects

Today is my birthday 64 years young. I was hooked on audio at 12 but it took me another 40 years to discover the sound I had been chasing all my life and that was Mcintosh. My system
C2200 Telefunkens
MX 135
MC 207
MC 402
MS 300
MC1100
MR 85

Other
JA Michell Gyro DEC
Rega RB 350
Jolida JD 9 Telefunkens
B&W 802N

Nice! :thmbsp:

Happy Birthday!

C2200 Telefunkens
MX 135
MC 207
MC 402
MS 300
MC1100
MR 85

Other
JA Michell Gyro DEC
Rega RB 350
Jolida JD 9 Telefunkens
B&W 802N
Happy Birthday and Welcome to the McIntosh Forum! VERY Nice Array of McIntosh!

I'm just a beginner, but I have the following:

MX113
MC7270

I have just purchased from a local dealer a very nice C11 that has just been completely serviced and has new tubes, Claims they are $800.00 worth of new tubes in the piece and will be supplying me with the specs prior to delivery on Sunday.

Also for pickup on Sunday are a matched set of MC40's and a MCD7005.

Which leads me to my question......
I have a chance to buy a great set of MC40's that are as nice as they come for a fair price. So the question is how do you decide on what system to run. Tube versus solid state, or a mixture.

I'm just a beginner, but I have the following:

MX113
MC7270

I have just purchased from a local dealer a very nice C11 that has just been completely serviced and has new tubes, Claims they are $800.00 worth of new tubes in the piece and will be supplying me with the specs prior to delivery on Sunday.

Also for pickup on Sunday are a matched set of MC40's and a MCD7005.

Which leads me to my question......
I have a chance to buy a great set of MC40's that are as nice as they come for a fair price. So the question is how do you decide on what system to run. Tube versus solid state, or a mixture.

You don't have to decide anything controll both and just flip a swith for tube or SS listening. Thats what I did if you look at the photos of my gear above. One preamp two different power and speaker sources.

You look like me if you go back a few pages I did a photo time line when I showed up here to today. McIntosh can get under your skin.:thmbsp:

My gear

(1) MC-2205
(2) MC-2250
(1) C39
MX121 ordered 1/2/2015 replacing C39.
Axiom 5.1 speaker system w/600w powered sub.
(2) Monster Power HTS3600 MKII
Can't wait for the new processor.
Got the MX121, couldn't be happier. It has been a learning experience getting it set up like I want it. Well thought out piece of equipment. Thanks, McIntosh.

Last edited:
this is my first post
=> so hello everyone!
my system consists of following elements today :
C46 / MC150 / D100
Teac VRDS10 with special tcxo clock => CD drive
Denon DVD3930 => Dvd Sacd Hdcd
Accuphase T107 => tuner
Cabasse Sampan 311 M13 "lourd"

my first one Mc I bought was a MC250, and I always kept it :)

Attachments

• P1030856.jpg
    P1030856.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom