Seeking MA6200 Advice

shelly_d

Not An Audiophool
All:

I'm in the process of repairing a MA6200 I got on that auction site and could use a bit of advice. Going through the Tips thread I learned that I should be replacing the brown ROE electrolytic caps as they are failure prone.

See Here:http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4802990&postcount=478

I will be placing a Mouser order this Tuesday or Wed for those and a few resistors I need. To avoid extra shipping charges I'd like to order any other parts that would be a good idea to change out as well. Please note that I have not been able to power this up yet because of the damage that existed when I received it so I cannot do any testing to see what else might be wrong at the moment. Just looking to deal with any and all failure prone parts while its open. Would appreciate knowing any other parts that should be attended to.

Thank you all.

Shelly_D

I rebuild the boards with Nichicon KZ and ES Muse caps with exceptional results. The FGs work well when space is tight or re drilling holes is not in the cards...

I do not fuss any more.....just replace them all.

Just got finished with a client's MAC4100, I could hear the smiles when I did my customary follow up phone call.

I rebuild the boards with Nichicon KZ and ES Muse caps with exceptional results. The FGs work well when space is tight or re drilling holes is not in the cards...

I do not fuss any more.....just replace them all.

Just got finished with a client's MAC4100, I could hear the smiles when I did my customary follow up phone call.

Moving forward with this advise, I have a list of all the electrolytic caps in the amp. I found about 8 caps on the tone control board that the schematic does not list a voltage rating for. The board is fed by plus/minus 15.5 volts so I assume any rating in excess of that works, but that increases size, cost and possibly difficulty in doing the replacement. Would like to use smaller caps if that works, just not sure how low I can go.

Caps in Question are:

C609, 510, 615, 616, 619, 620, 637, 638.

Thank you for any help offered.

Shelly_D

Attachments

• ma-6200_Tone.pdf
    71.4 KB · Views: 13
The 50 volt Nichicon FG series fit just fine. Just did a MX117 and MAC4100 last week.

KG series fit fine on the other boards, when the value is available; I use FG when KZ will not fit or are not available.

Back
Top Bottom