Funky bozaks

...Seems forum appropriate to me... :headscrat

ummmmmm... no.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65230

Auction links (E-Bay, Craigslist, etc.) should only be posted in the Dollars and Sense forum, as should questions about value.
If posted, it will moved, unless providing a link to another member for a needed part.
If you want to share images, save them to your computer and upload them to your post.

Apply for a moderator position.

cubdog

ohhhhhhhh... great idea!!! where may I do that?

I only have one suggestion, GRAB them. Definitely looks like a 305 in bigger cabinet, and that is a good thing. I suspect that the upper piece lifts off but it does look like the shelf on top of he speakers is one piece and part of the speaker cabinet really odd design. The build quality looks good.

If all the drivers are working and there is no damage I vote to buy them. Looks like a great system rack.

At that price, make sure the tweeters and mids are aluminum.

True. I picked up some Symphonys this weekend with paper tweeters for about the same price. My speakers are in great shape, but they don't perform quite as well as the aluminum drivers, nor are they as valuable. But, I had to buy sight unseen.

ummmmmm... no.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65230

Auction links (E-Bay, Craigslist, etc.) should only be posted in the Dollars and Sense forum, as should questions about value.
If posted, it will moved, unless providing a link to another member for a needed part.
If you want to share images, save them to your computer and upload them to your post.

ohhhhhhhh... great idea!!! where may I do that?

You have been touched by the AWA !

How has this made it two pages of posts and still not been moved to D&S?!? By the way... those look great! I love my bozak speakers.

The report post button seems to have disappeared recently, at least in my browsers. Maybe they just don't want me reporting any posts, but somehow I think the feature has been disabled for everyone for some reason?

The report post button seems to have disappeared recently, at least in my browsers. Maybe they just don't want me reporting any posts, but somehow I think the feature has been disabled for everyone for some reason?

Gone here, too.

Maybe the report post button was broken after being pushed one too many times by the AK Neighborhood Watch folks.

RC

True. I picked up some Symphonys this weekend with paper tweeters for about the same price. My speakers are in great shape, but they don't perform quite as well as the aluminum drivers, nor are they as valuable. But, I had to buy sight unseen.

You did get the aluminum mids, which cuts down on the number of drivers you might want to replace. 8 tweeters and four mids would get...expensive.

Those look to be very nice speakers. Don't be shy about making an offer on them as the seller has no guarantee that Mr. State College will even show up.

I've been selling and buying on CL for years and much like a garage sale, the first buyer with the cash gets the the goods

Those look to be very nice speakers. Don't be shy about making an offer on them as the seller has no guarantee that Mr. State College will even show up.

I've been selling and buying on CL for years and much like a garage sale, the first buyer with the cash gets the the goods

For sure.

You did get the aluminum mids, which cuts down on the number of drivers you might want to replace. 8 tweeters and four mids would get...expensive.

Don't I know it. I don't see any tweeters on the bay at the moment, either. I am going to have to keep out a sharp eye. I also will have to spread out the cost, too.

But, back on topic, I really hope the OP gets these speakers. If it were me, I would love to have the extra furniture as well. I have a great wall where these would fit.

:lurk:

Thanks everyone, still waiting to hear back from the owner. I was planning on taking a power screwdriver to pull the rear panel and take a peek inside. How will I know if the mids/tweets are aluminum?

You'll need to see the fronts unless they are labelled on the backs.
Paper should be obvious and the aluminum ones are coated with a black latex dampening compound that should be as complete as possible. The less silver showing the better. If the tweeters are on the bridge over the woofer, and these may not be, it will be hard to see any labels, but should be obvious from viewing them.

Sam may know the model numbers; I forget off the top of my head. B209B I think is the aluminum mid. B200Y on the tweeters. The ones in this eBay picture have a lot of peeling..

$_57.JPG

Woofer is B199.
Mid is B209.
Tweeters are B200Y. The final version was B200Z, they have a higher frequency extension but some seem to find them harsh. I've never heard any for comparison.
The coaxial woofer/tweeter assembly is B207, whether it is separate with the one frame-mounted crossover cap or in tandem with the B209 and the N10102 crossover.

The first aluminum mid was B209A, with a foam damping ring. Later changed to B209B without it. B209C has a different frame for front-mounting. From listening tests, the aluminum-coned B209s are better than the original paper-cone version, but the difference isn't that significant. The B209 seemed to have picked up a bad reputation from the night-and-day difference between the B200X and the B200Y.

The B199 woofer cone didn't change appreciably from the early 1950s through the final end of production in the late 1980s, despite changes in the magnet and voice coil.

All of the drivers switched to ceramic magnets in 1970 or 1971. Ceramic drivers, with the exception of the B200Z and the small B450 mid, are designated by a lowercase "c" - the other two had no Alnico versions, so they didn't seem to see a need to say what was already obvious. The ceramic B200Yc is about half, maybe 2/3 of the thickness of the Alnico B200Y.

There was also the larger B800 mid and it's A, B, and Bc variants. It was used as a nearly full-range driver in the Bard outdoor speaker, and in some of the larger cabinet models for a little while, in place of the B209.

There are some threads around here about repairing the latex coating on the aluminum-cone drivers, if desired.

Don't worry too much about minor damage to the aluminum cones. One of my B200Yc tweeters and both of my B209Bc mids have some smallish dents. They don't seem to have any significant performance impact. The aluminum is extremely soft, so be careful handling them. Swapping tweeters on the B207 frame can be a bit of a challenge, I assume Bozak had some sort of jig for the job.

Last edited:
EARLY Sunday morning - some folks go to church and such before they start their Sunday. patience - and, I'm rootin' for ya (they look VERY cool!)

Well still nothing on this end :(

I figure either someone offered her more then she was asking, or perhaps she's waiting for Mr. State College...

I'm going to email her in a nice way and see if I get a response.

Back
Top Bottom