JBL 4310 1973 Vintage Control Room Monitor Speakers - $775

Mystery

constantly upgrading...
Not sure if anyone wants to jump on these in Colorado Springs.
Look pretty expensive...
No affiliation and I would not spend that much anyways. :)

http://denver.craigslist.org/ele/2707228499.html

* JBL 4310 1973 Vintage Control Room Monitor Speakers - $775 (Patty Jewett)
Date: 2011-11-17, 9:49AM MST
Reply to: sale-mhhxd-2707228499@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
(2) JBL 4310WX control room monitors from 1973. These were the classic near field recording studio monitors
for those years in major studios from coast to coast. These have been mine for 20 years, kept in great condition
in a cabinet with a sliding door, If you are a true audio file and or collector, than you know these, and the pure
incredible state of the art JBL sound they put out. They have been well taken care of for their age, they are
original condition and may only need a little cleaning of the presence rotary pots if that. Please browse online
forums and see a pair for sale on Ebay.

* Serial #'s - 57357 & 57428.

• No Emails Or Texts
• Serious Buyers Only
• Cash Only
• No Shipping

* Please Call - (719) 338-7613

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3
PostingID: 2707228499

Last edited:
The use of "audio file" and generally poor use of the english language makes me nervous. Also, too much $$$...

In my experience JBL prices are feast or famine. I've seem some crazy high sale prices but I've also seen "bargains" languish for weeks. I certainly wouldn't pay $775 for those.

It's still there.

Are these really considered that much better than the later monitor lines, 4311, 4312 etc...? I thought the cone tweeters were considered the weak point and corrected later on with the newer dome tweeters.

It's still there.

Are these really considered that much better than the later monitor lines, 4311, 4312 etc...? I thought the cone tweeters were considered the weak point and corrected later on with the newer dome tweeters.

"Better" is relative. Collect-ability for overseas buyers is likely the cause for the current prices seen.

It's still there.

Well, I can tell you for one that the LE20 tweeter in the 4310 is much,much better than the le25 in the 4311 and 4312. Thing is that they are rare, there aren't that many left, and when they do go up for sale, they are gone. I sold my minty pair last year for $699 and they were gone in one hour. I should have asked over $1k, but then again they went to a good home.

It's still there.

I had a pair of black 4310s and was NOT impressed. For me its WAY overpriced.
I thought the 4313B was considered the better one in that series -

Then again, I was not a fan of the L100 speakers, and lots of folks like them.
I like the different and later L100T and L100T3 models much better.

I thought the 4313B was considered the better one in that series -
Sure, since it's not from the same series!
The 4313B is essentially a studio version of the L96 Delta which is a contemporary of the L112 whose studio equivalent would be the 4411, a later series which was a studio monitor rather than a control monitor so the voicing is more neutral. :thmbsp:

I liked my JBL 4310's, but they weren't my favorites. I sent them down the road a couple of years ago. After 8 years of vintage audio upgrading, I'm sitting on a pair of Model 19's and a Fisher 400 receiver. I'm content at the moment. It's been a wild ride!:D

Back
Top Bottom