Funky bozaks

Those look like a rendition of the 305, judging by the pattern in the grill cloth. If you like the way the speaker cabinets are integrated with the console, you aren't going to find a better deal on a pair of great Bozaks. Even if the furniture doesn't appeal to you, that can be altered by a good furniture guy. You had better hurry at that price...

Edit: This may be what is under the skin

BOZAK%20P-305P%20B.jpg

Last edited:
Probably not. Bozak, as well as many other speaker companies of that era, would often sell the speaker components as kits, to be sold to the customer, who would then supply the cabinet. A good commercial cabinet maker of the day was Barzilay; however, there were many others. Often, the customer would have the speakers built into a unique cabinet, designed and executed by a local furniture maker. I don't know which yours is, but it is not a Bozak factory cabinet. It could be commercial, which I doubt, or custom.

Edit: Notice I said yours.

The ad says and it looks to me like there are two woofers down low, two mids mounted high and wide and a tweeter array in the center up top.

I'd look into them.

Eric

The two mids are what throws me off. I see the woofers and a 4 tweeter array makes sense, but to keep the impedance and crossover correct (Rudy Bozak was great at modular speaker designs), that means one mid. But, that doesn't mean this setup won't have two mids! I see the shadow of a mid in the upper right corner and the shadow of the 4 speaker array above the woofers and to the left of the mid shadow. I really can't make out any kind of an impression in the upper left corner.

Damn, I wish you guys hadn't gotten me all excited. Money is tight right now and I have too many projects that need finishing.

Nevertheless, I just emailed and asked for an appointment :D

The two mids are what throws me off. I see the woofers and a 4 tweeter array makes sense, but to keep the impedance and crossover correct (Rudy Bozak was great at modular speaker designs), that means one mid.

The B-209 midrange, like the B-800, was available in both 8 ohm and 16 ohm versions. My guess is these are two 8 ohms wired in series.

I expect these sound tremendous, in every sense of the word.

I love the way those were built. Probably not too hard to reconfigure. These Bozak threads are killing me. I've never even heard a pair but have wanted some for the longest time.

cubdog

I love the way those were built. Probably not too hard to reconfigure. These Bozak threads are killing me. I've never even heard a pair but have wanted some for the longest time.

cubdog

If your ever in the quad cities, let me know. I think you'll be suprised...

Justin

The B-209 midrange, like the B-800, was available in both 8 ohm and 16 ohm versions. My guess is these are two 8 ohms wired in series.

I expect these sound tremendous, in every sense of the word.

I think there are even a few screwball 4 and 32 ohm versions out there. I know there are with the B199.

Well I received, this email back a little while ago. It seems there's hope... but only a little :/
Hi Beech
Thanks for your note. I have asked my father about the speakers and he doesn't recall the model number and actually thinks they may have been custom - two woofers, two mid-range and a tweeter array. The cabnetry is definitely custom. I thought it might be the symphony series but not sure. They sound great.

We have a someone interested who lives in State College and is driving out Monday to see them. If you'd like to come on Sunday and have a look, you could be next in line if he decides not to purchase.

I am going off-line now and will be off-line most of the day tomorrow, but will be able to respond tomorrow night. Let me know.

Sarah

--
All the Best, Sarah

Is that whole shelf system part of the sale?
Does it knock down into pieces in some way?

How has this made it two pages of posts and still not been moved to D&S?!? By the way... those look great! I love my bozak speakers.

Is that whole shelf system part of the sale?
Does it knock down into pieces in some way?

I'm assuming the whole thing is included. It seems like the top piece may come off, I sure hope so. Hell I just hope the whole thing will fit in my truck! I'm not looking forward to towing a trailer into philly if it comes to that.

How has this made it two pages of posts and still not been moved to D&S?!? By the way... those look great! I love my bozak speakers.

Seems forum appropriate to me... :headscrat

Back
Top Bottom