Speaker?

usedto

Lunatic Member
This is in a yard sale pretty close to here. Any ideas what it is?
(Behind the scooter, that is).

speaker.jpg

I don't know of ANY organ tone cabinet built with that much "furniture" in mind.

Look at that full raised end panel, that's a hell of a lot of work, and piss poor structure for a speaker cabinet.

I wonder if it was once something else, then converted to a speaker cabinet, maybe a console TV?

You won't know until you get there. Being as it's this late in the day I assume you have already decided to go check it out or pass.

I'm sure that the only thing in that cab is a Tannoy's with a wad of cash hah. I'd take a look regardless since it's never hard to do that.

I don't know of ANY organ tone cabinet

Look at that full raised end panel, that's a hell of a lot of work, and piss poor structure for a speaker cabinet.

I wonder if it was once something else, then converted to a speaker cabinet, maybe a console TV?

I've seen a couple that were ''built with that much furniture in mind '',
but the orientation is all wrong.They are usually wider than they are tall.
My guess is that is actually a small organ console.
It looks to my like that material was added to fix or replace a lattice or cane type back cover.

Not organ speaker; it is an organ. :yes: :no: :scratch2:

:thmbsp: . :yes:

It'd have to be an abbreviated compass, maybe 2 or 3 octaves for a carillon or something like that. Not even close to wide enough to house 5 octaves of standard AOG keyboard.

I'm waiting for ANYBODY to show me an organ tone cabinet, or any speaker cabinet for that matter built with stile and rail raised panel construction(as shown in the OP). It would be a guarantee for rattles and buzzing, just not the way you'd build any worthy speaker enclosure.

Something like this? Barzilay cabs with Tannoy Red Monitors, 15". Also check out the Bozak line of Provincial cabs, Moorish cabs etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1136[1].jpg
    IMG_1136[1].jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1137[1].jpg
    IMG_1137[1].jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 32
It'd have to be an abbreviated compass, maybe 2 or 3 octaves for a carillon or something like that. Not even close to wide enough to house 5 octaves of standard AOG keyboard.

I'm waiting for ANYBODY to show me an organ tone cabinet, or any speaker cabinet for that matter built with stile and rail raised panel construction(as shown in the OP). It would be a guarantee for rattles and buzzing, just not the way you'd build any worthy speaker enclosure.

:lmao:...sounds like a challenge ! !
I'm not sure about those exact ''stile and rail'' raised panels.
But lets see what I can find.....:scratch2:

hammond-leslie-rotating-speaker-tone-cabinet-cable-225-americanlisted_37481905.jpg

Kinda sorta...lets see if I can find a better angle.

Here's a console I estimate is about that size.

mFyewokKJrxKlQDSc19EePw.jpg

Pretty ornate cabinet.....

Hammond_JR-20_Front-570x592.jpg

You get the idea !

As far as ......'' a guarantee for rattles and buzzing, just not the way you'd build any worthy speaker enclosure.''

I agree completely,however,the above cabinet is from the 1940's and I'm not sure they had the whole ''worthy speaker enclosure'' thing down yet.
Hell,ever look at a Bozak Symphony Moorish style speaker cabinet. . :scratch2:
Fuggin' things have several ''rattle points'' built into them. . :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom