To buy or not to buy??

Ironwolf

I'm torn on if I should buy or not. Today I was offered a Yamaha cx-800u preamp, its missing the outer volume knob and the cd input jacks look to have green algae growing on them. All the pots and controls need a major cleaning. He also offered me the matching amp mx-800u. The amp is working with no issues. He asked for $100 for the set. That is where I became torn. I know its a great deal plus price and I should have already driven them home with me. The reason I am torn is because I have a T70,C70,M70 set and a m65 amplifier. All of them have been sitting in a closet since I purchased them. I just wonder what you all think I should do?

If it's only the cleaning and a new knob for the preamp - why you're not on your way already???? This is a great price (an amp alone worth 4 times the asking price)!!!

I believe I would buy that myself, if offered the chance. A trick I have used for the RCA jacks is a draftman's electric eraser. They work well in getting the jacks nice and sparkly. Some jacks have a type of plating on them that looks rough. This may be what you are seeing.

Here are the pictures. The amp looks like it was in standing in water or some other time of liquid also very dusty in the window.

Back
Top Bottom