Subscribers only section, show banner?

Hyperion

Roobarb & Custard
Subscriber
With all these changes going on, I would have thought it advantageous to show the title/banner (only) at the top of the "Subscribers Only" section to members that are not subscribers.

Would it be an incentive to subscribe? or would it just confuse everyone?

Just a thought.

Thank you for the continuing improvements to the site :)

Last edited:
Another incentive would be an ad free site for subscribers, I was hoping for that when I subscribed, no such luck.

Another incentive would be an ad free site for subscribers, I was hoping for that when I subscribed, no such luck.

AK cannot live off subscriptions alone. The ads provide additional revenue to help defray operational costs - which is another good reason to patronize our advertisers.

AK cannot live off subscriptions alone. The ads provide additional revenue to help defray operational costs - which is another good reason to patronize our advertisers.

Yep, I've done business with several. :yes:

where is the "subscribers only" section?

Well exactly, I am suggesting that you should be shown where it is - by showing the blue and white text banner that is above it, (just like the other sections) - but not let you see inside until..... you subscribe. :naughty:

Sneaky?

Or just a bit TOO sneaky...

Last edited:
there is no subs only sect rite now tho. riyte?

Oh yes there is - I can see it :) (it's a section in between "Audiokarma" and "Audiokarma Members" and currently contains 8 sub-sections). :yes:

Last edited:
That is because you are an 'AK Member', but not an 'AK Subscriber' :) - there is a difference.

I agree. Let 'em see what they're missing. Forbidden fruit is tempting. Maybe a banner, maybe the whole thing...

I don't see bartertown anymore.

Cannot get to BarterTown if you are not logged on. Watch the top banner, right side to make sure that you are still logged on. Almost every time I open a thread/post "on a new tab" it comes up without a logon, and you have to repeat the process, again.

Cannot get to BarterTown if you are not logged on. Watch the top banner, right side to make sure that you are still logged on. Almost every time I open a thread/post "on a new tab" it comes up without a logon, and you have to repeat the process, again.
Be sure to check the "Keep me logged on" box.

Be sure to check the "Keep me logged on" box.
That has not helped, so far.

I am also having problems with replying to a post or sending a PC. Have to click on the 'send' or
'post' button at least twice. I am careful to put the cursor over the button until it changes color before carefully clicking it. The screen takes off like it is completing the request, but then nothing happens. The action usually completes when I go back & click again.

EDIT: This time it worked on the first click. Progress!!!
Ahaa - the first click on 'save changes' did not work.

Back
Top Bottom