Post a picture of your turntable

I hope to add more in the future but for the moment I have a Thorens TD-160 with a Sumiko Blue Point #2 cartridge, a plinth made of 120 year old oak (the plinth is a work in progress), an Acrylic Platter from Vinyl Nirvana, and a Jelco tonearm waiting on a cable so that i can install it. I have to admit that the tonearm was a stroke of good luck as i got it for under $30 on the premise that the vertical movement was broken. That turned out to be a terrible choice in oil, which turned into a glue like substance. A lot of cleaning got it back in order

53a4dc606b1580e35a82f5820c3fd261.jpg

Micro Seiki DD-33/Denon DL-300

2b481224bdcfec64278724686bcb8646.jpg

5989d13c616b49d7280fff868cac4f53.jpg

Just picked this one up after enjoying a a DD-20 for the last year. The DD-33 needs to be properly cleaned but it's all there and sounding great.

3c48d17f379504bb47d4857f2ba64b01.jpg

ea6dd491dfc7e0afacbe67a5783c24ab.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished my AR XA

It took over a year and a half, but my AR XA is finally finished. Running a Shure V15 IV right now, but have a Grado Red and a Denon DL-110 to try as well.

This table has all the great mods from Marcmorin and a beautiful walnut base from AVFan.

picture.php

picture.php

It took over a year and a half, but my AR XA is finally finished. Running a Shure V15 IV right now, but have a Grado Red and a Denon DL-110 to try as well.

This table has all the great mods from Marcmorin and a beautiful walnut base from AVFan.

picture.php

picture.php

GORGEOUS! :thmbsp:

Beautiful I like how clean it looks. What is the tube component and other turntable?

picture.php

picture.php

That is one gorgeous XA -- I can only hope to get mine half that nice!

This is the first time I have seen an XA with a burgundy/maroon top plate. That is one beautiful XA. Hope you have many years of musical bliss. :music:

Second two images:
Bogen-Presto BP51 idler drive, c.1963
This was a light steel platter deck that I'm modifying to a heavy platter deck with an 8lb cast zinc platter and heavy bearing from a newer model Lenco TT.
This one is on plywood presently, while i work out the cutting template. It will be mounted on a soapstone plinth of over a hundred pounds mass. I'm also going to mount a GE A1-500 tonearm on it from the mid-50's with a GE VRII cart.

I never followed up after this post.

here is the finished deck:

IMG_1208JPG.jpg

IMG_1209JPG.jpg

The build thread:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=377588

Plans changed. The mentioned GE arm went to another deck, and this one became my daily driver stereo deck.

Last edited:
Beautiful I like how clean it looks. What is the tube component and other turntable?

That's a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum Integrated and a Technics SL-1600 MK2 (also fully refurbed.)

I intentionally kept the XA as simple and clean as possible as a contrast to the Technics table.

picture.php

Last edited:
That is one gorgeous XA -- I can only hope to get mine half that nice!

Thanks! I can only take credit for the top plate. I stripped it down to bare metal, coated the underneath with an acoustical dampening material, and then put five coats of color with a rattle can and careful wet sanding. Followed that up with two coats of clear lacquer. Lots of elbow grease, but it looks pretty good.
AVFan did that beautifully figured walnut base. I also had the outer platter edge polished by a local metal polishing shop. The real beauty is in the function and I have marcmorin to thank for that.

Back
Top Bottom