MC2205
C35
Chord Hugo
Sonos Connect
Pioneer Kuro
Marantz AV7005

8Cy4XJAl.jpg

Thank you

I know my speakers are not the greatest but they are not bad for the money.
I bought the speakers for half price on black friday at best buy. I like the fact that I can bi-amp them with the 2105's and they actually beat out my vandersteen 1c speakers.

I have a c28 pre amp, mr77 tuner and two mc2105 power amps. Speakers are Klipsch kf28 bi-amped to the two 2105's. p.s. this is my first post, so hello everyone!

I'll second the :thmbsp: on this one. Biamped with a pair of MC2105s - VERY nice. I'm biamped with MC2300s and have a freshly rebuilt MC2105 sitting here next to me. I love my MC2300s, but the MC2105 is a tad sexier.

Sony s9000es

just added a mint Sony S9000ES dvd/cd/sacd player to my mcintosh rig. I also upgraded all my interconnects from standard el cheap o's to ProFlex rca cables. How do the ProFlex rca cables compare to Monster rca cables?

more new gear

I just picked up a Sony DA5ES receiver , a Sony dvp-7700, a Sony dvp-7000 and 2 Sony dvp-ns755v, a sony dvp-s530d, a sony dvp-ex777es , a yamaha rx-459 receiver , a sony 26' lcd tv, 2 nu vision lcd tv's a box full of monster and proflex interconnects rca, coaxial and optical cables, plus another pair of klipsch icon kf-28 speakers and a klipsch sw-350 subwoofer. "the house is a rockin'!" :banana: all of the sony gear and the yamaha were free thanks to my fathers hand me downs. The klipsch kf-28 were best buy clearance sale plus open box as was the klipsch sw-350 sub, it was an absolute steal for the price. I am really pleased with all of the new gear.

Last edited:
Mac and Fish

Folk,

Thought I'd say "hello" and post some pics of my developing system. I got my first Mac gear last week from Mike at Audio Classics and I'm very pleased.

Picked up a used C2200 and a used MC352 to replace my Modulus 3A pre and Manley amp. The rest of my system is a Rega DAC & Sonos serving 3TB of lossless files, Rega Planet, Clearaudio Emotion/Maestro and a pair of PSB Silvers I'm borrowing. My plans are to snag a pair of Thiel CS5i's I've got my eye on (to replace my blown CS1.5's), replace the Planet with an MDP-851 or above and then sit back and enjoy. Excuse the wires and such.... I'm still setting up the Synergy rack and fashioning perforated metal sides and so forth. Oh, and I was very lucky to have had that leaded glass turntable cover fashioned by a custom terrarium builder!

All this is in the general family room because I want everyone to be able to enjoy the music. We've got our 175gal freshwater planted tank in there featuring blueish Rainbows, Congo Tetras, and assorted Angels. I'm especially fond of the three 6" tall koi angles a local breeder gave me, but they hide a lot.... All the filtration equipment is on the other side of the wall, so the tank is silent. My wife commented the other day how the green tank and blue fish go with the new stereo rather well. :)

I listen to 50% classical and 25% jazz. I worked in the classical room at Tower Records back in grad school so I've got some CD's, to say the least. I'm buying nice vinyl when I see it mostly at Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh.

In my regular life, I'm a high school choral director and professional musician.

If there are any 2-channel fanatics in the DC/Baltimore area, I'd like to meet you.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Andrew

Attachments

• Mac and Fish 1.jpg
    Mac and Fish 1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Mac and Fish 2.jpg
    Mac and Fish 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Mac and Fish 4.jpg
    Mac and Fish 4.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Mac and Fish 5.jpg
    Mac and Fish 5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Mac and Fish 6.jpg
    Mac and Fish 6.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 86
C2500
MC275
Klipsch Palladium P39Fs
Pioneer PL 530 (for now)
Denon DVD2900
Mac Mini

Future plans are another MC275 and a MT5 (or 10). I am also kicking around the idea of passive bi-amping with something like a MC352 for the bass and the 275's for the mid/highs.

Very happy to have bought a used system last month:

MVP851
C45
MC252

Been using:
MAC4100
MA6200
MC2200
C32

Mcintosh Slimline Series
C504 Preamp
MC502 Amp (would like another for dual mono)
MR500 Tuner

Currently only using the tuner, the amp and preamp are out of rotation as I ponder just using my AVR.

After hearing how good the MC2205's headphone output was, I picked up a couple more pieces to comprise my "poor man's MHA100" :D

image free hosting

Paired with a C31V on the other side of my desk. Combo also powering a pair of Paradigm Studio 20 v3 in my home office.

MAC gear

Since my name is also MAC (McAdams) it was inevitable that I got hooked on McIntosh at an early age.

I currently have three vintage pieces: MX-113 tuner/pre-amp with a MC2505 amp in the exercise room and a (new to me) MC2205 as part of my primary system.

Sorry the picture quality is so poor. I'll drag out the SLR and get some decent pics this weekend.

Attachments

• MX113 & MC2505.jpg
    MX113 & MC2505.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 106
  • MC2205.jpg
    MC2205.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom