Mac repair in San Diego ?

yaya97

Hello, when turning on today my mac 6100 it started to smoke. I live in Carlsbad . Does anyone know of a good repair shop in the San Diego area?
Many thanks!

Just talked to Mike Zaccaro. He is 15 min for where I work and sounds AWESOME.! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Props to Mike - he just repaired my MC2205. Good communication, quick turnaround. Shoot me a PM with any specific questions.

Dacaman: the 6100 is an amp-preamp.. so has an input when its used as an integrated amp and an imput when used just as a preamp. I think I hooked up my power amp ( Mac mc2300) to the amp part of the 6100...Boom

Dacaman: the 6100 is an amp-preamp.. so has an input when its used as an integrated amp and an imput when used just as a preamp. I think I hooked up my power amp ( Mac mc2300) to the amp part of the 6100...Boom

That should not have blown anything up. I think you had some other issue....

When you parallel inputs of power-amps together its the same thing as what you did, on my large PA system I have many amplifiers with paralleled inputs....

Something else happened.....

Just talked to Mike Zaccaro. He is 15 min for where I work and sounds AWESOME.! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your welcome. Let me know how it works out. He would be one of my service options, as I live about halfway between LA and San Diego.

Your welcome. Let me know how it works out. He would be one of my service options, as I live about halfway between LA and San Diego.

BTW I Love his graveyard of amps, Reel to reels, broken turntables in the back of his house. Sign of a real artist!

That should not have blown anything up. I think you had some other issue....

When you parallel inputs of power-amps together its the same thing as what you did, on my large PA system I have many amplifiers with paralleled inputs....

Something else happened.....

well it smoked fast! I unplugged right away and did not try anything else.

Hmmmm . . . well, I'm sure you will find out exactly what happened when you have it serviced. I could see something like that happening if you connected the speaker terminals of the MA6100 to the speaker terminals of the MC2300 but not what you've reported.

Regardless, this is an excellent time to have the MA6100 freshened up and get it sounding at the top of its game.

Yup maybe it was time to get it redone .then either I get rid of it for a mx 110 tube or I'll keep it if I fall in love :)

Well, you'll get what you pay for there, unlike many places in SD that have been mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom