Jbl l100t's

would be really bad if they replaced with the stated 8" woofers instead of the 12 inch 2214H's.

JBL L100T has 12" woofers and they look fine on pictures.
So, I'm not sure why seller states that they are 8" woofers. Maybe he doesn't have a ruller. Or a clue.

I see 12", seller says 8".
Should I trust my eyes or the seller?

Also to me woofers look original. I suspect foams were replaced and the rest is seller imagination (or maybe he paid for "woofers replacement", but in reality
is was a refoam).

I'm not sure what's wrong with the seller, but he greatly downplays his speakers.

JBL L-80T and L-100T are great speakers and way under-priced.
JBL L-80T and L-100T play better then many other eBay JBL darlings, but sell for 2-5 times less.

It's probably because they are a bit newer models, so less collectible.

JBL L-80T and L-100T are larger and heavier then say JBL L100, so shipping is much harder, and most eBay sellers (like this seller) don't ship.
It also keeps the price down.

Wow!

These poor-represented L100T were selling on eBay for 2 weeks without any interest.

But as soon as I posted here (above post), they were sold on eBay in a couple of hours.

Am I entitled to commissions :) ?

JBL L100T has 12" woofers and they look fine on pictures.
So, I'm not sure why seller states that they are 8" woofers. Maybe he doesn't have a ruller. Or a clue.

I see 12", seller says 8".
Should I trust my eyes or the seller?

Also to me woofers look original. I suspect foams were replaced and the rest is seller imagination (or maybe he paid for "woofers replacement", but in reality
is was a refoam).

I'm not sure what's wrong with the seller, but he greatly downplays his speakers.

JBL L-80T and L-100T are great speakers and way under-priced.
JBL L-80T and L-100T play better then many other eBay JBL darlings, but sell for 2-5 times less.

It's probably because they are a bit newer models, so less collectible.

JBL L-80T and L-100T are larger and heavier then say JBL L100, so shipping is much harder, and most eBay sellers (like this seller) don't ship.
It also keeps the price down.

I'm sure the 8" is a typo. however, the seller is right, the woofers were replaced. The appropriate JBL 2214H has an aluminum cast basket so has a thick front mounting flange that is about 3/16 inch thick. Most of the 2214H-1 used in L100T/T3 have the flange blacked out, but some have a polished edge and its easy to see. Also the front black gasket is normally a closed cell neoprene unit with hard to see segments, not the wide, paper/cardboard segmented gasket you see on these with a thin stamped basket edge.

See the below pictures on what the PT-587 woofer really is, a woofer taken from essentially a White Van type speaker. It looks ok, and maybe is fine for some routine work, but it definitely is NOT a JBL product or can give JBL performance.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/acoustic-monitor-db-iv-12-subwoofer-292577748

And he sorta misrepresents the woofers as "New generic JBL speakers (whatever that means - mech), not Old Stock original, they do sound great." The woofers were probably not "blown" but needed refoaming, but that's old history.

Wow!

These poor-represented L100T were selling on eBay for 2 weeks without any interest.

But as soon as I posted here (above post), they were sold on eBay in a couple of hours.

Am I entitled to commissions :) ?

Nope :D,

Attachments

• backs.jpg
    backs.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 9
  • fronts.jpg
    fronts.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 7
  • baffle.jpg
    baffle.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 8