You don't see these every day: Luxman L-505ux

As the owner of a 505u I can tell you these Luxman's are a thing of beauty. They sound very clean and detailed and have plenty of power. I have mine matched to a pair of KEF 105 series 1, and they work very well together. I traded a Mc pre for the Lux and have no regrets. If you get a chance to audition one, it is well worth the time.

That price is for a used unit? They are 3990 at music direct and that would have the warranty. Wonder if the upgrades make the used unit worthwhile?

That price is for a used unit? They are 3990 at music direct and that would have the warranty. Wonder if the upgrades make the used unit worthwhile?

I think the upgrades the ad refers to are those made by Luxman when they changed the unit from the u to the ux version. For me, I would just pay an extra $400 to get the warranty. But that is a matter of percentages. If the choice was between a new $800 unit and a used one at $400, then I would go with the used one. I think economists would think I'm an idiot!

The used one is in Canadian Dollars. CAD3600 is about USD2900 these days. A much more reasonable price vis a vis US$3999 for a new one, if the used one is as nice as claimed.

wow that was quick the escalation of the US dollar in 2015. Time to plan a trip north.

I love mine. Was using an AU-717 after a long list of vintage units. The 505 tightens up the bass, tracks that the 717 let get away are beautifully controlled by the 505. Noticeable is also the separation, much improved. Having loudness contour on the remote is priceless. A lot of music, especially vintage, isn't up to snuff in the bass department and the loudness button is just the trick. Love it. Harbeth M30.1's come next for it, I'm suffering with LS50's now! Not!

16024324624_43a357afea_c.jpg

I wonder how much better it is than my technics su v9

My v9 has a servo regulated 850w supply and 120wpc

.003thd

I am sure the luxman is more desirable but my su v9 works great and cost me 30 bucks

I love the meters and remote on the luxman

I have to be carefull i have a little money burning a hole in my pocket - better to save the money

This version was the North American version as well. A lot that are seen for sale are not. Plus, add the taxes and duty and U.S. Currency exchange and this unit is close to $6000 Canadian right now. So $3600 Canadian is a good price... That's why I bought it!!! Looks and sounds fantastic. Sold my MCIntosh MA6300 to fund this and I don't regret it for a second. Build, sound and the phono stage is magical!
I actually bOught the luxman from the ad posted at the start of this thread!

Last edited:
Love my Luxman 505ux

I just received mine 4 days ago. I can't say enough good things about this integrated amp. My first Luxman was a 1050 back in the 70's. I made the mistake of buying the crap they made in the 80's and after several pieces of McIntosh gear, I couldn't be happier with the New Luxman. It powers my B&W 803 Diamonds without a problem.

Since I am breaking in both the amp as well as new speaker cable, the experience just keeps getting better!

Back
Top Bottom