France speakers?

Certainnement. Mais, ques q'ce? Pas Focal, ou Triangle, ou Cabasse, oui?

(Good grief, high school/college French can get you into trouble...)

Bump, a set for sale locally to me.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/4951122685.html

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 00e0e_6zrhu01c7FN_600x450.jpg
    00e0e_6zrhu01c7FN_600x450.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 00k0k_kCWBbirB7s1_600x450.jpg
    00k0k_kCWBbirB7s1_600x450.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 00S0S_6FKuKzEWudk_600x450.jpg
    00S0S_6FKuKzEWudk_600x450.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
They don't look particularly special, two cone tweeters spaced in Comb Filtering configuration. :D

"Chapeau means 'hat'. Oef means 'egg'. It's like those French have a different word for everything!" - Steve Martin

The cut out for the terminal plate is clearly done by (unsteady) hand. Perhaps an artisanal speaker, made with locally sourced organic particle boards.

They don't look particularly special, two cone tweeters spaced in Comb Filtering configuration. :D

"Chapeau means 'hat'. Oef means 'egg'. It's like those French have a different word for everything!" - Steve Martin

Tox, the Imperial 8 and 9 used three or four of those things with similar spacing. It actually seems to work well.

Whether comb filtering is an issue or not is somewhat dependent on your distance from the speakers, I think. Certainly Bozaks don't seem to be too affected by the issue even with the pair in the standard module. Granted they are slightly tilted relative to each other and maybe their beamyness helps minimize interference, but I have found that interdriver interference is difficult to prejudge -- its not as much of an issue as I assumed it would be, even though the Infinite Slope speakers are something of a revelation as to the audibility of interference in the normal multispeaker set up.

Now that you mention it, I have heard of examples of multi tweeter speakers that did actually work. :D Apparently if properly engineered... :music:

Back
Top Bottom