RITA-880 who's got one? And what do you think?

How long do you all leave your amp on during a given session? I have had my amp on all day and wonder if is causing any damage to the amp or tubes.

only for those couple hours that I listen. I'm pretty much treating RITA like an SS amp and she's not complaining. If you didn't have Bob check out the resisters then I would open the manual and follow the steps to take a bias reading. If you can't take a reading, you should not be operating that amp. If at anytime you used the generic chinese tubes then you should be suspect of the resisters.

Has anyone had the digital volume/input readouts go dim? I'm thinking this would be a simple fix but who knows.

The RITA is running strong and has never sounded better.

No such issue with mine

The Shuguang Treasure KT88-Zs are still doing there thing.

I was house sitting in Maplewood NJ and I refused to stay without an audio system commensurate of such a beautiful listening venue. I grabbed my 115lbs RITA, a pair of Vapor Audio Stiff Breezes, dirac room correction software, and my complete digital source. It's so interesting to hear your system in a strange venue. Instant audio vacation. I wish I took a better picture.

Attachments

• Maplewood.jpg
    Maplewood.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 38
That looks like a nice listening space. I hope that's a sturdy table...

How'd it sound? Does the room correction software make a noticeable difference?

It's actually a circular table but the sides can fold and the center section is the perfect width for RITA. It's a craftsman home where every piece of furniture has a history and was bought at an auction.

Dirac Live has been the dream solution for my very large asymmetric room. This past weekend I tried it on a very good system (Gustard U10, McIntosh C2500 & MC452, Revel F208) and it was a tremendous disappointment. When Dirac was engaged, the depth vanished and the room sounded as small as it looked. So sad.

My RITA should be going back in Rotation in the fall. I have almost sold her a few times, but I just cannot pull the trigger and follow through with the sale. I am however in the market for some new Floor standing speakers soon. While I love the RBS-1's, my smallest will knock them over off their stands and I just cannot allow that.

These Cain & Cain speakers are over 150lbs each and they must be incredible with RITA. The price would make me hide the rear damage with a carefully placed plant.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/fu...speakers-2015-07-19-speakers-39759-sessums-ms

I probably wouldn't restore the tweeter section because I thoroughly enjoy my computer speakers which are home made with just a single 2.5" Fostex driver. I'm assuming the Cain & Cain's fostex driver doesn't run through a crossover.

I have a pair of Fortes that I love. I think I would really love something non Horned though. With a more modern profile.

I have a friend in Fresh Meadows who just replaced his Martin Logan Ethos with the amazing Revel F208, which can be had for around $3k.

At 88.5db and 50-350wpc rating, they are by no means an ideal match for RITA, but I'm sure there will do something well together, that is if you're up to moving your amp! When I move mine I wear a winter coat so I can lean it against my chest w/o the aluminum edges cutting me. Just need to be careful keeping the jacket's zipper from scratching RITA.

Well this is the end of the line with me and RITA! She has just left my home off to a new home with a wonderful fellow AKer! I got to carry her one last time out the door. I had her set up in the most underwhelming configuration just to test and prove functionality. She still sounded great! I mean it with all sincerity that I will really miss her. She is a very special amplifier. I wish the new owner as much enjoyment out of her as I have had. As for me the journey and a system rebuild will be in progress.

I never really found out. I ended up doing a trade for a late model Cary tube pre and current model Vincent Phono Stage.

Wow...That's impressive. Still miss mine as I have not been able to match her with the gear I have rotated in and out so far. That being said. Unless I get another dedicated listening space, my big amp days are on hold.

So is the consensus still that the Rita 880 is a good purchase as I'm thinking of driving an hour to go look at one this week.

Thanks in advance.

I can honestly say that the Rita 880 amp is one of the best most musical yet acurate amps I have ever owned. You could spend more and not get the sound Rita gives you. She is well worth a listen. Do you know what version of Rita it is? What tubes is it running?

It sure did intrigue me when I got into this hobby several years ago. I’ve never owned or heard one but they are mighty attractive and tempting!

It's
I can honestly say that the Rita 880 amp is one of the best most musical yet acurate amps I have ever owned. You could spend more and not get the sound Rita gives you. She is well worth a listen. Do you know what version of Rita it is? What tubes is it running?

I believe it is an earlier model & not an "S" model. The tubes are Shuguang KT-88z Treasures I believe. The weight of the thing is a bit daunting at 100 lbs but how often do we move our amps?

Back
Top Bottom