Noob DAC-11 user - volume level question

mcgsxr

Apologies if this has been covered before, I did not turn it up with a quick search.

I received my GF TubeDAC-11 today - yes, I was supposed to wrap it and open it on Xmas, but I could not resist...

Swapped in a McShane Gold Lion 6922, and away we go.

Using the Tube outputs to my integrated.

I would like some insight - does turning the volume up and down alter the effect of the tube? If so, what direction has more impact in that regard?

All the best,

Mark

The tube operates at a more or less constant level. The volume control attenuates the signal passing through the tube but shouldn't change its sound.

what njcanuck says. the volume will not effect the performance of the tube. however, you should play around with the volume to hit a kind of "sweet spot" for your system. for mine, that's somewhere between 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock on the dial, and others have reported similarly. have fun with it, the TD-11 is an awesome toy for Xmas!

Thanks for the replies boys.

I have it at 1AM at the moment. Seems fine to me there.

I would assume that others may experience different effects based on the volume control in their integrated or preamp. Some volume controls track better at higher or lower settings etc.

The unit is good, and with the Gold Lion tube, it is bringing much happiness.

For tube out mine sits at about 2 o'clock, essentially this matches the other line out sources I have.

Back
Top Bottom