Tekton Owners Thread

I think I'm getting what you guys are saying. How's the Tekton Lore in this continuum of detail vs slam proposition, based on actual listening to both design philosophies/implementations in the realm of truly sensitive drivers (remember, my amp is a flea weight contender so I have to give up on something, even when listening nearfield.)

In other words, all speakers face tradeoff design decisions, in the case of an elaborated multi-driver speaker design, chances are you need high power to overcome loss of sensitivity and so on ... For a high sensitive speaker, at close to 100 dBs, which design (other things being equal) do you think nails the objective best?

I apologize if I'm overcrowding this thread with my genuine curiosity. I think the Lore 2.0 is great value (in paper so far, I'll probably have them by the end of the month or so), but I was really intrigued by Omega's new 8" single-driver proposition from Louis. Although value-wise it did not convinced me, plus the fact that none have yet even heard them, some people swear by the single-driver approach. I thought getting Tekton Lore 2.0 would make a good compromise out of both my concerns and constraints.

Thanks for your thoughts! I'll make sure to post my personal observations when mine arrive to steady-state.

Last edited:
I believe the Omega 8" hemp cone is based on the original hemp cone Tone Tubby guitar speaker. The larger Tone Tubby speakers are used by Lowther America as bass woofers in their OB designs.

One AK'er ( StevenZ? ) used the Omega 7 in his DIY which as I recall was not so much to his liking. I have only heard some of the Fostex Omega's which I thought sounded very good.

The 8" Omega I saw on line was stand mounted and more expensive than the Lore. A deal breaker for me is it's rear port.

fireblade, I hope all your fears vanish when you get your Lore 2s and listen to them awhile. I think you will be astounded.
I am no speaker guru as some here who have spoken in this thread, and my ears are NOT 20 yrs old, but I like the s..t out of mine. You may find flaws in yours based on your questioning in which case you will have to decide if if all your worries were justified. Hopefully you will not condem them too bad and try to enjoy them regardless.
You MUST let us know here what your feelings are about them.
PS: drive them with your finest tubes first, and best source material, so yu can instantly get a feel for how they perform.

Last edited:
Makes us all crazy when we have to wait for a new toy to arrive. All kinds of doubts creep in. 99% of the time, the correct decision was made. The waiting can drive you boogots tho....

Sounds good, guys. I will definitely keep them around for a long while anyway, so these will get to a plateau of stability long before I make any unlikely upgrade decision. If the basic material is there, I can always adjust the rest of the system's components and room treatments to trigger the proper sinergies. To me, the best feedback comes from users like me who have had the experience, are willing to share it and evidently have a very valid hands-on based opinion. Thanks again!

If a speaker is perceived to be more detailed then what more could you ask for?
One's perception is really all that matters.

Full range speakers certainly aren't for everyone and neither are SET amps.

Few start there compared to the many that end there.

Well said. I'll be less PC by saying that my Hornshoppe Great Heiled Horns (Fostex 126en 4.5" driver) are much better than MY Tekton M-Lore's. And IMHO they both need a sub(s) for the best reproduction. I can also say the same thing about most of the speakers that are out there on the market that don't require you to cash in your 401k. :smoke:

Well said. I'll be less PC by saying that my Hornshoppe Great Heiled Horns (Fostex 126en 4.5" driver) are much better than MY Tekton M-Lore's. And IMHO they both need a sub(s) for the best reproduction. I can also say the same thing about most of the speakers that are out there on the market that don't require you to cash in your 401k. :smoke:

Aren't those technically a two way? The Great Heiled Horns..I rest my case :)

Aren't those technically a two way? The Great Heiled Horns..I rest my case :)

GHH's are two ways but not in the traditional sense.

The latest edition does not use a passive crossover in the signal path.

The Heil and Fostex require separate amps and the electronic crossover changes the frequency upstream of each amp.

Not Lores but kissin cousins :thmbsp:

I marvel at how simple my set up once was.

P6030026.jpg

There's something to be said for simplicity. I fight the "want" vs "need" battle all the time. "Want" wins way too often.

Heil's n' M-Lore's!!

I added a pair of Heils to my M-Lore's just to see how it would sound. The Heils totally transformed this speaker. The soundstage is up where it should be now, the highs are way better and they actually gained in efficiency. I also noticed increased resolution. This is a great combination!

P1020378_zps1d0e83bd.jpg

Can someone please give me some clues about what's happening with my (just arrived) Lore 2.0's? I ckecked my speaker cable connections 4 times to make sure there's nothing wrong on my side: I get no sound, just a "thump!" every time I click play or stop. Nothing else is happening. My system's source is running fine as I can get sound from my laptop speakers if I choose those. The issue is clearly with the Lore's.

Can someone tell me if Tekton uses reverse polarity, i.e., Red as Neg and Black as Positive (which is not the standard)?

I ordered Clarity Caps and these were wired to my speakers just before shipping: Could it be they did not wire the cap right?

I can't believe this is happening after spending USD 500 just to ship these things to my area! On Monday I'll be calling Eric, but the possibility of a return shipping scenario is unthinkable at these prices.

Any ideas? Please help!

Edit: I have not dared to connect the speaker cables against the norm (Red is Pos and Black is Neg) for fear of damaging something. Can someone in the know suggest I can do that (to find out if this is the issue) without consequences? Thanks for any assistance ... Man I hate to be in this spot after so much research and expectations.

Last edited:
Reversing the speaker cables won't harm anything other than change the phase. Go ahead and e-mail Eric. He might see it and respond even on the weekend. Also what do you mean by "if you chose them" with the computer speakers.

Last edited:
Reversing the speaker cables won't harm anything other than change the phase. Go ahead and e-mail Eric. He might see it and respond even on the weekend. Also what do you mean by "if you chose them" with the computer speakers.

Ok, and that would not be the issue then, I see.

I have not had much luck with Eric's replies before I bought the speakers over the phone, but I certainly will try.

You can choose your output device from FB2K, including the laptop speakers, ASIODIRECT or WASAPI, ASIO4All, etc. This option works as normal, so I'm almost sure it is a speaker issue even though I would expect the speakers to be the less prone to fail. Only these are brand new and someone installed a cap on them so they may not have tested the thing prior to shipment.

I don't know what is going on, but the rest of my system was working just fine last time I used it prior to the Tektons' arrival today

Thanks for the feedback.

Neither speaker works? If so, its probably the way it's hooked up. Hard to believe they would both fail at the same time. What gear are you using? How is it hooked up? As stated before wire polarity doesn't really matter for testing. You just need to make sure you're getting a signal. PC speakers are usually active so what amp are you using to power the tektons? Try a different source other than your pc with the amp like an ipod, etc.

FYI, the caps are just an upgrade from the normal dayton ones. That won't make a difference in the scenario you are describing.

Last edited:
Sorry you're having trouble with your new speakers, Fireblade. Do you have a spare set of working speakers? If so, I would suggest you disconnect the speaker wires from your Lores and connect the spare set of speakers. Fool around with your switching until you get them to work. Then hook the Lores back up. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom