Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Ca-2010, it's growing on me. Don't sound right with any other speaker than my 690's ii.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 125
CA-2010....... very nice. My favorite Yamaha piece after the B-2. EchoWars recapped a couple of them for me and commented favorably on the superior design of the internal phono preamp. He upgraded one of them with a set of matched Zetex transistors. Terrific piece of gear.

attachment.php

Ca-2010, it's growing on me. Don't sound right with any other speaker than my 690's ii.

CA-2010....... very nice. My favorite Yamaha piece after the B-2. EchoWars recapped a couple of them for me and commented favorably on the superior design of the internal phono preamp. He upgraded one of them with a set of matched Zetex transistors. Terrific piece of gear.

Indeed! Nice amp. Should sound good with virtually everything though...

yamaha CX 600U pre, T 300 tuner, KX 500U deck, EQ 550 eq, AX 500U integrated, CDC 775 changer, M 50 power amplifier. tied into an OUTLAW AUDIO ICBM-1 sub controller and attatched to Boston A100, Modified KLH PR 950S, and a Jbl PW10 sub

Attachments

• the kids program 013.jpg
    the kids program 013.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 94
Just picked up this M-80 yesterday. Appears to need to have the speaker terminal board repaired from what I can see from the air vent, it looks like it may have taken a hit. Other than that, it's in really nice shape, although dirty. Can't complain though, price was right.

From what I have read, these sound really good. Yes?

Anything recommended that should be checked out? Service done?

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 75
Just picked up this M-80 yesterday. Appears to need to have the speaker terminal board repaired from what I can see from the air vent, it looks like it may have taken a hit. Other than that, it's in really nice shape, although dirty. Can't complain though, price was right.

From what I have read, these sound really good. Yes?

Anything recommended that should be checked out? Service done?

Thanks,
Tom

Congratulations, a highly regarded amp.

You may want to re-post your questions on care and feeding in the Yamaha section. You can also search that section as there is a lot of M 80 updating and repairing that has been documented.

Last edited:
^^^Always loved the look, sound and feel of the A1. My buddy had one, but I only had the matching T1 tuner. Ah, the glory days...

Thanks Valveglow. After a week of using it, I really like this amp. The phono stage is very nice. Hitting the DISC button is like magic.

So, you're right: I'm looking for a tuner and I found a T-7 which should match as well. And a CD-2 is in sight also.

Thanks Valveglow. After a week of using it, I really like this amp. The phono stage is very nice. Hitting the DISC button is like magic.

So, you're right: I'm looking for a tuner and I found a T-7 which should match as well. And a CD-2 is in sight also.

Both very nice items. Personally, I'd opt for a T-2, even though I think that the T-1 is an EXACT match cosmetically.

My new cr-1020, my forever amplifier!

Two months ago I didn't know a capacitor from a resistor. done all the work on this myself, thanks entirely to Avionic, Merrylander and anyone who's ever posted about these great tuners on AK.

Last edited:
^^^Hi Dom, and welcome to the Forum!^^^

You mentioned amplifier and tuner in your post, which are 1/3 each of what you have there, which is one absolutely gorgeous receiver!

Congrats on doing a good job. That series of Yamaha products has always been among my very favorite pieces. What a beautiful design!

My new cr-1020, my forever amplifier!

Two months ago I didn't know a capacitor from a resistor. done all the work on this myself, thanks entirely to Avionic, Merrylander and anyone who's ever posted about these great tuners on AK.

I'm not a big Receiver guy, but if I was ever tempted.... wow. Nice.

Back
Top Bottom