Dynaudio Excite X12

Art K.

The Voodoo You Do!
...and yes I'm excited.

Ordered them this morning in a lovely Cherry. Dan at Dedicated Audio was quite gracious and gave me some very good advice for break in and some information about the voice coil on Dyn's that makes them a special speaker. Everything made by Dynaudio in Denmark except the box...nice.

...and yes I'm excited.

Ordered them this morning in a lovely Cherry. Dan at Dedicated Audio was quite gracious and gave me some very good advice for break in and some information about the voice coil on Dyn's that makes them a special speaker. Everything made by Dynaudio in Denmark except the box...nice.

I thought all Dynaudio's came from the factory with 150 hours already on them? Should be one sweet sounding little speaker, I'm Excited for you and this thread.

Another looong thread with good info :) I just put a hand on a pair of Dynaudio Focus 140. If you dont mind Art, i would like to put some impression in your thread, but not yet.

Congratz.

You'll love them. I looked at the Focus 140's very seriously before buying my Usher X-719's. When I found I was missing the Dynaudio sound, I started looking for a nice pair of floorstanders. Now I have my Contour 1.8's and have moved the Ushers to HT duty.

Thanks guys...and y'all know my threads, I don't mind any discussion as long as it's related in some way (brand, type, comparable...whatever...lol!).

I knew you are selling your Harbeths Art. I guess I missed why. Just time for something new or were they coming up short in some way. At any rate enjoy the new speakers.

cubdog

Nice...I too debated whether to get these a few weeks ago but I had my LSA with me. Now we need some pics Art.

Nice...I too debated whether to get these a few weeks ago but I had my LSA with me. Now we need some pics Art.

They should arrive from the desert Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday evening after work will be my first opportunity for a brief listen.

Doggone it, they were shipped with a signature required. It'll be Thursday before I get 'em.

Nice! :thmbsp:

The DM and Excite series are great budget or sanely priced hi-fi options. Dyn is one of my favorite speaker makers. I went ahead and bought some Confidence C1's for my 3rd system just this week in fact (moving the Quad 12L2's to a new 4th deck/patio system I'm setting up). I can't wait to compare them to my other speakers! If I like them a lot (I've heard them before, but not for an extended time like at home for weeks) I might even try out the newer Confidence C1 Signature and see if it really is an improvement or not. Then I'll have to decide which one (or both?) to keep and what system they will go in!

Enjoy! :music:

Back
Top Bottom