Tekton Owners Thread

prighello

not all who wander are lost
I've seen threads for other manufacturers but not one for Tekton owners so I thought I'd make one for us.

I've got a pair of M-Lores and I'm loving them. :music:

Please post about your Tektons! Model/s, thoughts, impressions, gear synergies, pics, etc. :D

IMG_4536.JPG

Last edited:
If anybody has the Tekton monitors I'd be really curious to know more about them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have the OB4.5's and have really enjoyed them, though they're currently out of rotation because I stole the amp I was using with them (Decware Zen) away for my big rig. I'm building a TPA3116/Guanzo 6N3 combo to go with the Tektons and can't wait to get them back in.

30b1f2edab79c3c875eb621f094aa57d.jpg

I loved my Lore's. I purchased them used for a great price and sold them about a year later for the same price. I only sold them cause they weren't in my main system at the time and I wanted to fund a preamp.

I will be purchasing another set of Tekton's, probably M-Lores but with a premium veneer in the future. They are excellent speakers and I still recommend them more than any other single component I've owned. Probably one of the best values in hi-fi.

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Lores, I love them. They are by far the best sounding (to me) pair of speakers I have owned. They are everything I was looking for when I purchased them. I was looking for something comparable to my Klipsch La Scala's with Bob Crites tweeters and Sonicaps. I wanted something with a big, live, dynamic sound but with better bass extension and a more modern design and the Lores fit the bill. While not quite as dynamic or as efficient as the La Scala's they best them in every other way. I power mine with a 3 watt 6B4G based DIY SET tube amp and they make beautiful music together. "Musical" is the best word I can use to describe them.. they are a speaker that just allow you to hear the music and they do every genre well. They are also the first pair of speakers I bought new (not counting cheapo Pioneer speakers) since around 1998 or so when I bought a pair of PSB Stratus Mini i's brand new.

If I decide to change speakers again, it will be for the Enzo, Pendragon, or perhaps the new Lore Reference model. Either way, Tekton has a big fan right here.

WP_20140701_19_43_23_Pro.jpg

Please do not take what I'm about to write as bashing Tekton.

I look at the different models of Tekton speaker. Some of them are made with a big cabinet, but there's a lot of wasted space. They could add tweeters or an additional woofer. It may be just me, but that's my opinion. I am sure they produce good quality sound. It's just an odd looking speaker with a whole lot of real estate on some of the cabinets.

To those of you who are proud owners, I hope you have many years of musical bliss with your system! :music:

Please do not take what I'm about to write as bashing Tekton.

I look at the different models of Tekton speaker. Some of them are made with a big cabinet, but there's a lot of wasted space. They could add tweeters or an additional woofer. It may be just me, but that's my opinion. I am sure they produce good quality sound. It's just an odd looking speaker with a whole lot of real estate on some of the cabinets.

The size is due to having the proper cabinet volume to get the fullest sound and the best possible bass response from the good size drivers since most models use 8"-10" woofers. Eric designs his speakers well from the start instead of just putting something together and trying to optimize the sound afterward. Most designs also don't have a crossover and the woofer is run full range with just a capacitor on the tweeter. I rather have one big full range driver or a simple 2-way design like the Tektons than a messy 3 or 4-way design with a bunch of smaller drivers but we all have our preferences.

The size is due to having the proper cabinet volume to get the fullest sound and the best possible bass response from the good size drivers since most models use 8"-10" woofers. Eric designs his speakers well from the start instead of just putting something together and trying to optimize the sound afterward. Most designs also don't have a crossover and the woofer is run full range with just a capacitor on the tweeter. I rather have one big full range driver or a simple 2-way design like the Tektons than a messy 3 or 4-way design with a bunch of smaller drivers but we all have our preferences.

You mentioned you would like to have a pair of Enzos. No mater how you slice it, that is a sweet looking speaker. I can only imagine what the soundstage would sound like.

I just noticed the Enzos weigh 52lbs. If you are fortunate to own a pair, I hope you have a good strong back 'cause you will definitely need it.

I hope someone gets a pair of Pendragons so that they can convince me to buy a pair. :yes:

cubdog

I see on A-gon a set of used Pendragons recently sold down in Austin.

Dammit.

My friend has been showing a lot of interest in getting some Zu's. I'm gonna suggest he give Tekton serious consideration.

... new Lore Reference model. Either way, Tekton has a big fan right here.

Just saw that new model as well. Curious as it is the same price as the Lore.:scratch2: Seems like there's a lot of over lap on the models. Makes it hard to decide which one to get...suppose one just has to try them all:D

I've had my eyes on Tekton for a while. One day, I may decide that one pair of Altecs is enough and get a pair of Pendragons. :yes:

My friend seems to think the larger driver used in the Zu will get him closer to the effortlessness and scale he's heard coming from my Altec 19's than the driver in the Tekton. I can't say as I've only heard Zu once very briefly and never heard Tektons. Anybody want to comment on this?

Pretty sure the Omen and the Lore use the same size eminence legend driver...10". It'd be cool to see a head to head comparison of them.

I've had my eyes on Tekton for a while. One day, I may decide that one pair of Altecs is enough and get a pair of Pendragons. :yes:

The problem with the Pendragon would be deciding between the original and the newer Seas version. I haven't read any reviews of the Seas model but I have a soft spot for Seas drivers. It would be a tough decision.

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom