DAC-11 directly into power amp?

01svtL

Looking to build a simple 2 channel system. Can the DAC-11 be run straight to a power amp like an Emotiva UPA-200 through the tube output? Aside from having to walk over to the unit and adjust the volume on the DAC, would there be any other problems?

Would it be better to run it through an integrated like the Yamaha as500 or the HK 3490? Either way, the power amp or integrated amp will just amplify the signal/sound coming from the DAC-11 without any further processing, right?

Should work just fine.

I use my DAC-11 into my integrated, but have tried it direct into the power amp section of the integrated.

No issues, though I did miss the remote!

Consider the TD11 a preamp, because that's what it is. I've been using mine as a preamp for a small tube power amp, and it works great!

I run mine straight into a power amp - works great! When using with an integrated however, I use the direct DAC output. I'm not a fan of stacking two pre-amps.

Awesome, thanks guys! I'm going a different way this time, but this is still something I may try out in the future!

When using the tube out, does that bypass the DAC? I find the flow chart on the webpage for the Tube/DAC-11 is a bit confusing.

The headphone output is only SS. I don't currently use headphones but why would I NOT want a tube as part of the amplification for headphones?

Thanks!

When using the tube out, does that bypass the DAC? I find the flow chart on the webpage for the Tube/DAC-11 is a bit confusing.

The headphone output is only SS. I don't currently use headphones but why would I NOT want a tube as part of the amplification for headphones?

Thanks!

TubeOut doesn't bypass DAC when you use one of the 3 digital inputs. If you use the two analog inputs, it bypasses the DAC.

Front headphone jack is solid state only. With some headphones, you can use an Analog to Minijack adapter to connect headphones to the TubeOut.

DAC-11 is primarily a DAC, with a range of other functions. If build it to a full tube headphone amp, it will be much bigger product.

Hope this helps.
Rachel@Grant Fidelity

it's a preamp, so no issues running direct to power amp. I connected it to my C356BEE a few times premain/out and the one thing I do notice is the black background.
No remote would be the only hangup.....great pc of gear

Back
Top Bottom