Russell K. speakers - anyone heard em'?

marqueemoon

Gimme indie rock!
Not that I can afford them at the moment, but the reviews are intriguing. They seem to be a real "not for everyone" thing.

They look interesting. To bad the website is so poorly designed. There is very little information on the speakers available. I couldn't even find the dimensions or specifications.

cubdog

It makes one wonder how some companies stay in business. A well designed web site cost no more to maintain than a poorly designed site. I see this all the time, companies that rely on the internet to stay in business yet they treat it almost as an after thought. Makes no sense does it?

cubdog

http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/russell-k-red-100-loudspeaker

This one? Well thin cabinets used to be how mission tuned their speakers also.

Spendor as well unless memory fails.

I would be interested to hear them and also I didn't see the efficiency rating.... Reading a couple of reviews they said they were easy to drive......

I'd not worry about efficiency. My favourite speakers (unrelated brand; an example), and indeed speakers that are used extensively in the industry and in homes, are notoriously inefficient. They're fantastic nonetheless.

Watts are not expensive. I'd say if you like the speaker -- the component that will colour the sound the most, after all, and so will vary the most -- go for it.

I too am underwhelmed by the web site though.

Wow, all this stuff about the website. I think it's nicely done. No specs but I'm sure you can contact the manufacturer for more information. Cool customizing feature.

Wow, all this stuff about the website. I think it's nicely done. No specs but I'm sure you can contact the manufacturer for more information. Cool customizing feature.

All this stuff? I'm glad you like their website but I disagree. I'll take too much information over to little any day.

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom